It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• omeprazole

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
    Rich78
    (male)

Rich78 HB User
    omeprazole

i been taking it for long time not sure how long . I work in a lab and from time to time I will run some test on myself a week ago i ran TIBC and a ferritin i never do that but i figure why not well my iron was 30 and my %sat was 8 and ferritin was 14 which all are low by my labs ranges . I think it is from the omeprazole but i need to take it . so i started taking a multivitamin that has 9mg or iron check iron again and is 65 @sat 18 like wow that was fast four days taking the vitamin but ferritin was a 12 so hmm . I am looking to make a appointment with my dr check my iron one more time and now iron was 65 and went down to 29 %sat 9 that is very weird

Last edited by Rich78; 11-25-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: more infromation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
    morf
    (male)

morf HB User
    Re: omeprazole

Lucky that you can run your own tests without a doctor. I assume by a long time taking Omeprazole is anywhere more than 3-5 years. I only have taken it off and on for 2, so maybe only a total of a year but I also have iron saturation of 15%, serum iron 48, ferritin 70-80. However since having heartburn/ulcers I have had shortness of breath, and exerise intolerance. If I do cardio or weights I am extremely tired, weak, dizzy, lightheaded. The tests said no anemia since hemoglobin is fine (45%). I am beyond frustrated, tired of this feeling all the time. I can't think straight and my short term memory is terrible. What does someone do when doctor's brush it off as "psychological". If I just walk 20 minutes I feel like an 80 year old.

I believe either the drugs did damage to my stomach's nutrient absorbing ability or there is a slow blood loss that is undected. I still have slight pain on the right side under the ribcage and very mild heartburn. Any ideas of what to do? I have tried iron --gentle iron and it aggravates my stomach.

Reply Reply