It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Low Blood Results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
    Sassy60
    (female)

Sassy60 HB User
    Unhappy Low Blood Results

I have had an issue with anemia in the past. My Doctor assumed my anemia was associated to fibroids so I had a hysterectomy in 2006. For over 2 yrs no one checked my iron levels was experiencing rest less leg, charlie horses and shortness of breath. Saw a pulmonologist, cardiologist, and sleep doctor everything was normal except the sleep dr ran blood tests my ferritin was 6. sent to a hemotologist received iron infusions last infusion 2010. I always have a small amount of red blood cells in my urine. No one knows why. My hemoglobin always stays normal but my iron saturation gets lower my results June 2018:
    HGB-14.6
    MCH-27.9
    MPV-9.9
    Iron saturation-16.0
    results Mar 2019
    HGB 13.7
    MCH 26.9
    MPV 9.7
    RDW-CV 14.6
    My Dr forgot to get my iron store. As you can see my levels have slightly dropped but she doesn't seem concerned I am betting my iron stores have dropped as well. I am thinking I need to see a hematologist again. I have had a celiac test done it was normal. My vitamin D-3 and B12 have been low in the past as well but take vitamin D3 suppliments and B-12 as well my D-3 is always on low end B-12 wasn't checked either. I am experiencing shortness of breath, charlie horses and restless leg occasionally. My body usually tells me when my iron isn't right how do I get my Doctor to understand?

Last edited by Sassy60; 03-14-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply