It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Heart Palpitations or flutters

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
    painter207
    (female)

painter207 HB User
    Smile Heart Palpitations or flutters

Hi, I have had lots of stress with family health issues and have been bothered by heart palpitations for months. Ive had EKG’s, worn 48 hour heart monitor and everything is normal, even thought the skipping of beats show up. Ive taken magnesium, Im trying to get more potassium as well but nothing helps. Are any of you just learning to live with them? Will they eventually go away? This is causing me even more anxiety than I already had. I have been taking Atenelol in hopes that they will get regulated. They have been 75 % better but not gone. Everyday I still have some here and there. Thank you, and hope I can get some help from you guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Heart Palpitations or flutters

These are very common and 99% benign in women - but very annoying! Have you tried a hard- very hard -cough when it happens? It will often take care of it.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
    alwyzscrd
    (male)

alwyzscrd HB User
    Re: Heart Palpitations or flutters

Sometimes they will just stop. Sometimes you have to learn to live with them. If your doctor says they are benign then you have to trust him. Atenolol is a good medication. I take it to but I still have palpitations. Sometimes they are gone for months then they come back. Be careful taking magnesium and potassium. Too much is not good and could make things worse. Other than beta blockers maybe some Xanax when they really bug you. There's ablation but that's should be done for severe cases.

Reply Reply