It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Floradix Iron Therapy (suppliment) Results Request

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2002, 07:04 AM   #1
    ilarose

ilarose HB User
    Post Floradix Iron Therapy (suppliment) Results Request

Would anyone who has been taking Floradix Iron and Herbs suppliment, please give their results here.

Results referring to Blood count etc.

Thank you,

IR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2002, 10:38 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    I just recently bought some from the Vitamin Shoppe. I am tring to increase my Ferritin level. I have used Ultamate Iron from Enzymatic Therapy---- is very good. AMNI-IRON-- an Amino Acid Chelate, and Iron Asporate from Solaray both are good.

I just wanted to try a liquid type Iron. The company that puts it out was founded in 1916 and Floradix is made in Germany. It sure contains alot of stuff.

I let you know how it works???

Harry

Old 08-13-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
    traveller
    Inactive

traveller HB User
    Hello ,
    My view is that floradix is really a quality supplement ,to maintain a healthy body .If somebody has a kind of iron anaemia problems she he should take "prescription" meds for a while (150-250 mg ferrous sulfate).Personaly , the general blood test was ok , the moron doctor said no problem , I checked the ferritin levels on my own initiative and found it about 3 (lab normal range 15-100)

Old 08-16-2002, 02:39 PM   #4
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    I took Iron Sulphate for awhile and I was constipated and my hemoglobin did not increase. Inorganic iron supplements also cause a problem with Vitamin E absorption ---so they should be taken at least 8 hours apart. I don't know what to do with SLOW FE???

I just think there are alot of organic Iron supplements on the market that are readily absorbed.

Harry

Old 09-05-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Thumbs down

I have tried to take Floradix Iron with Herbs---2 different times. Both times I got severe stomach cramping and pain on the third day each time and had to stop. I took 2 teaspoons twice each day the first time but only once the second time. I know it is a good quality product and was recommended in "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Dr. James Balch,MD.

I carefully looked over the ingredients and I just cannot determine what is in it that is giving the problem???Any ideas???

With other Iron supplements my hemoglogin is now 15.5 and ferritin increased last month from 24.9 to 48.2. The normal range by this Lab is 27 to 300 NG/ML as typed on the report.

Harry

Closed Thread