HealthBoards (
-   Anemia (
-   -   Iron injection to the wrist (

Kate&Phil 07-04-2003 12:32 AM

Iron injection to the wrist
We were told yesterday that the iron tablets were not working for my husband (phil)
So instead they wih to inject him for 20 mins in his wrist (there abouts) and this will give him more energy....
does anyone know what the medication is called? I think it began with a "V"
Any help, advise, experiences welcome please xx

Kate and Phil

QuietStorm4000 07-04-2003 05:26 AM

Read the "IV Iron-is it worth it?" a few posts below yours. I'm guessing the dr. wants to do an intraveinous infusion (IV.) I think the drug you're talking about may be called Venofer--it does have a website but I don't have it bookmarked on this computer. Just go to or another search engine and enter the drug name. The dr. will probably be really watchful the first few times your partner gets this drug. Any drug has the potential to cause allergic reactions and this type more so. I get Ferrlecit by IV and it works but I had a really bad reaction to Infed. I'm usually given pre-meds like Benadryl and Solu Medrol to inhibit future allergic reactions. Good Luck!

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 PM.