It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Question for those who've had numbness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #1
    siren3

siren3 HB User
    Question for those who've had numbness

First of all, I have no idea if I have anemia, I just wanted to check on something here. I have a question for those who've felt numbness. If, for example, the numbness was in your finger, did the skin on your finger become tight and wrinkled? Sort of like the way it would look when skin is left in water for too long? My index finger on my left hand just suddenly started feeling slightly numb one night a couple weeks ago, and the next day the skin was lined and a little wrinkly and tight. It's still that way now. This is the second time it's happend, but on a different finger. The other time it happend was about a year ago on my right pinky finger, but it went away after a couple of months and it never returned in that finger and the skin returned back to normal. Now, the finger on my left hand doesn't feel too numb, but the skin is very tight feeling and lined, just slightly wrinkly. I have to rub it all the time and put lotion on it, it's more on the end of the finger, mostly the underside of it, from the middle bend to the tip, and it's a little below where the finger bends too, but mostly the top half. Also, it seems to be starting on the finger next to this one, my middle finger, at the top, but just slightly. I was thinking this could possibly just be a reaction to something, possibly due to the rubber gloves I use to wash dishes, or possibly I'm not getting enough calcium or something like that. Also, I do not have dry hands or dry skin on my body, it's just started on this finger, it's very odd, especially since it happend before on another finger.... So, anyway, I'm just wondering if anything like this happened to anyone here who had numbness due to anemia?... Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
    sunset
    Inactive

sunset HB User
    Re: Question for those who've had numbness

yes i get that wrinkled look on all my fingers just like i have had them in water too long
    the sensation in the fingers change too
    its like the padding goes soft...i also get very cold hands that go numb....i am folate defficient and low on iron
    best of luck
    sunset

Last edited by sunset; 04-25-2004 at 08:52 PM.

Old 04-26-2004, 12:05 AM   #3
    siren3

siren3 HB User

Ok I kinda feel silly now, last night I looked at my rubber gloves that I use to wash dishes and I noticed two tiny holes in the finger part of my gloves, the same finger I have the tight skin. I always noticed wetness on my hands when I removed the gloves but I just thought it was a little water seeping in accidently from the top opening. I am thinking that since I use DAWN dishwashing liquid (one of the harshest and most drying detergents known to man, haha) that it was coming through the little holes and drying my skin on my finger terribly! So I have some new gloves now and will probably not use Dawn and will always remember to check the gloves... it's silly, hehe ... anyway I hope that this is the reason and that nothing else is wrong! I will moisturize the heck out of it for now on and see if the skin goes back to normal, if it doesn't I'll probably have to go to the doctor... Sunset, thanks for your response. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm, I don't think I really have any of the other symptoms. Thanks.

Last edited by siren3; 04-26-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
    siren3

siren3 HB User

Hey sunset, I was wondering what your other symptoms are. If I had a deficiency in folate, wouldn't I feel very tired all the time? Thanks.

Closed Thread