It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anemia/Allergies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
    twizliz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twizliz HB User
    Question Anemia/Allergies?

I recently went to give blood at the Red Cross the result came back at a 35 (the standard for Red Cross is 38) and then I went a few days later (because I thought it might have been low because I hadn't eaten lunch) and it was a 30 that time. I have allergies and recieve shots and didn't know if that had anything to do with it, since I've never had any problems with anemia before. And what does the count exactly mean?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by twizliz; 05-06-2004 at 10:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Anemia/Allergies?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twizliz
    I recently went to give blood at the Red Cross the result came back at a 35 (the standard for Red Cross is 38) and then I went a few days later (because I thought it might have been low because I hadn't eaten lunch) and it was a 30 that time. I have allergies and recieve shots and didn't know if that had anything to do with it, since I've never had any problems with anemia before. And what does the count exactly mean?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The count they were giving you is the density of the blood red blood cells in one drop of blood. You are below the standards set by the red cross for complete saftey of the donner. In terms of what it means to you personally, it says that if you are a female who has periods, that is the explanation. If you are male, you may want to see your doctor for a check up.

Closed Thread