It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Is just an anemia symptoms ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #1
    Concerns

Concerns HB User
    Question Is just an anemia symptoms ?

I know that I have anemia .. well I think Iíve had it all my life.. so sometimes my hemoglobin is 9 other times its 10 and tops it would be 11.. well Iíve got these symptoms for a long while now ,, but recently itís getting worse..

my hands are unsteady I mean they shake all the time & it gets worse when I need to concentrate or handle some small delicate stuff as a needle or money .. etcÖ.i donít notice it but people always do.. whenever I met someone new sure they ask abt it..
    other than that when I go to bed some nights I feel that the sheets are shaking beneath me then I found out that Iím the one shakingÖand few times my right arm from the elbow to the wrist was shaking so hard that took like 10 -15 min to stopÖ and my legs get tired very fastÖ
    I get dizzy.. recently I get light headed and my vision gets all blurry .. and I just collapse ..or sometimes I kneel on something until it goes away .. it doesnít stay more than few seconds but it starting to be more frequent ..like 3 times every dayÖ so are these just anemia symptoms ..or should I start to get worried and go see a doctor.. iím 18 yrs old girlÖ plus Iíve noticed that my aunt & uncle have shaky hands to .. so does that indicate it something that runs in the family..

thanks u for the help in advanve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Is just an anemia symptoms ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Concerns
    I know that I have anemia .. well I think Iíve had it all my life.. so sometimes my hemoglobin is 9 other times its 10 and tops it would be 11.. well Iíve got these symptoms for a long while now ,, but recently itís getting worse..

my hands are unsteady I mean they shake all the time & it gets worse when I need to concentrate or handle some small delicate stuff as a needle or money .. etcÖ.i donít notice it but people always do.. whenever I met someone new sure they ask abt it..
    other than that when I go to bed some nights I feel that the sheets are shaking beneath me then I found out that Iím the one shakingÖand few times my right arm from the elbow to the wrist was shaking so hard that took like 10 -15 min to stopÖ and my legs get tired very fastÖ
    I get dizzy.. recently I get light headed and my vision gets all blurry .. and I just collapse ..or sometimes I kneel on something until it goes away .. it doesnít stay more than few seconds but it starting to be more frequent ..like 3 times every dayÖ so are these just anemia symptoms ..or should I start to get worried and go see a doctor.. iím 18 yrs old girlÖ plus Iíve noticed that my aunt & uncle have shaky hands to .. so does that indicate it something that runs in the family..

thanks u for the help in advanve
    Consult your doctor. Although some of the symptoms could be caused by anemia, you have mentioned some that could be caused by a disease in which anemia is the symptom of a more dangerous malady. The fact it is getting worse and is interfering in your quality of life is enough reason to have his checked.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
    Concerns

Concerns HB User

well.. i'm plannin to check with the doctor but i really do not want to find anything serious as i'm worried it would interfere with my plans in studyin' abroad... i guess better check & hopefully it will turn out just to be anemia... and for a while now i've been reading abt MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and some of the symptoms does match.. so would there be a possiblity of it even that i'm young..

and thank you i really needed the help & input..

Last edited by Concerns; 08-11-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
    fallen
    Veteran

fallen HB User

Hey concerns, i have those same spells....i get really lightheaded and weak and my vision goes completely blurred to the point i can't see...i'm used to it so i usually just stop what i'm doing and try to ground myself and then it goes away in a few secs. but it happens very frequently throughout the day...i'm struggling w/ an eating disorder so i've always kinda assumed it was anemia or something like that but i dunno....let me know what your doc. says about it kay if ya don't mind oh and p.s i get the shakiness sometimes as well...i go through periods of time when its worse than others but it can be kinda embarrasing when you're in public trying to sign a receipt after using a credit card and your hand is shaking and the person at the cash is lookin at you wondering what the heck is wrong but anyways...keep us updated i'd like to know how it goes and hopefully everything turns out as best as possible for you...take care kay

Closed Thread