It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• 21 years old, unexplained anemia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
    vespa31

vespa31 HB User
    Exclamation 21 years old, unexplained anemia

I've had anemia on and off for around 3 years now. I eat meat 4 times a week as a main meal and daily in my lunch. I don't have heavy periods and have had all my insides check for bleeding (ulcers), chrones disease etc. The doctors can find no reason why I have anemia. Has anyone else had unexplained anemia. I now take iron tablets but shortly after I stop them I get anemia again. Anyone have any other reasons why people have unexplained anemia? The doctors can't answer it... can you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
    HondaDoll
    (female)

HondaDoll HB User
    Unhappy Re: 21 years old, unexplained anemia

I have unexplained anemia as well. Except mine isn't on and off. Last time I went to the Dr. he said my levels are dangerously low. I didn't ask for the specific #'s or anything. He prescribed me iron pills, but they make me sick to the stomach. I wish I knew how I became anemic or why I'm anemic.. but its left unanswered. Last night I had the worst headache of my life that I couldn't sleep, and my neck felt so stiff it was hurting my jaw as well. I was so scared I was having some kind of stroke or something. I'm only 23 years old tho, I don't think that could happen to me. Another scary symptom I have is when I stand up I get so dizzy for about a minute but then it passes. I took Bayer, but that didn't help much , so I ended up crying myself to sleep. I really feel like my issues from last night are anemia related. I just wish there was a solution, and I wish I knew where this is really coming from. So, your not alone out there. I'm just as lost as you

Old 10-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
    vespa31

vespa31 HB User
    Re: 21 years old, unexplained anemia

I have found that going to a health food store and getting iron tablets from there are better than the ones doctors prescribe which make you feel sick. Also make sure you have one with Vitamin B12 in it to help absorb the iron, and having a glass of orange juice with a main meal of meat will help absorb the 'natural' iron from your food.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
    black_cat1

black_cat1 HB User

While I haven't been diagnosed with anemia, I know darn well I have it, I have every symptom of it, and have never seen a doctor about it. I don't see the doctor about much unfortunately, but I have so many health issues, that I do one thing at a time. Anyway, iron pills make me sick too. When you get dizzy, find something to lean on, or sit back down for about 5 seconds and try again, that was told to me by a doctor in the emergency room when I passed out in the middle of the mall from a really bad dizzy spell. Does it get worse when you're on your period? It does for me :S

Old 10-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #5
    Kirii
    (female)

Kirii HB User

i'm 25 and i've been anemic most of my life. Not sure why, but doctor's have never done anything about it until I almost bled to death during a cesarean section. My mom had the same problem as me when she had me. I'm terrified to have another child I don't think i'll make it. The doctor stayed in my room for hours to make sure I could stop bleeding. They gave me Iron Pills and I couldn't stand them. They make your stool so hard and painful!. <---- Gross, but it's a side effect you should know about. I get dizzy spells often and pass out. Last time I landed on the pool deck and took a bit to get out of the haze. I'm also very pale. My mom's friend said I blended in with the white walls. I've been pale most of my teenage/adult life and I feel it's more natural than fake and bake :P

But Anemia is very serious if you don't know about it. Get it checked out and do take your iron pills. I learned the hard way. If I had been taking Iron pills during Pregnancy the outcome may have been less harmful.

Closed Thread