It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• I need to know the symptoms of anemia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
    Susanbrennan80
    (female)

Susanbrennan80 HB User
    I need to know the symptoms of anemia

I think I got a problem. My blood pressure is very low, 108/42-my temp at the dr.s office the other day was 94. I'm cold all of the time. I had an upper GI last monday that was negative for ulcers or other problems, I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow and when I recover from that I will have a colonoscopy. I also have a lot of weakness. and shortness of breath. I have been tested for everything under the sun and am mostly in good health. I am 62 years old, female. I have had the carotid ultra sound, the ultra sound on the leg arteries and veins, all of which were fine. I do have diabetes type 2 which is under perfect control, thyroid disease, for which I had surgery when I was 23, and RA which is being treated with Methotrexate and Enbrel Injections once a week. I have never had any bad reaction to either of these two medications. I have my blood tested every two months to keep track of my liver function because of the RA drugs, which is fine. This is also how my doc found that I was slightly anemic, getting a little worse every two months. However I never felt this bad before and my blood pressure was never this low and certainly not my temp. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: I need to know the symptoms of anemia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Susanbrennan80
    I think I got a problem. My blood pressure is very low, 108/42-my temp at the dr.s office the other day was 94. I'm cold all of the time. I had an upper GI last monday that was negative for ulcers or other problems, I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow and when I recover from that I will have a colonoscopy. I also have a lot of weakness. and shortness of breath. I have been tested for everything under the sun and am mostly in good health. I am 62 years old, female. I have had the carotid ultra sound, the ultra sound on the leg arteries and veins, all of which were fine. I do have diabetes type 2 which is under perfect control, thyroid disease, for which I had surgery when I was 23, and RA which is being treated with Methotrexate and Enbrel Injections once a week. I have never had any bad reaction to either of these two medications. I have my blood tested every two months to keep track of my liver function because of the RA drugs, which is fine. This is also how my doc found that I was slightly anemic, getting a little worse every two months. However I never felt this bad before and my blood pressure was never this low and certainly not my temp. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    The anemia will make you feel cold. I imagine the anemia could be caused by a B-12 deficiency. That is a common age-related problem. The B-12 problem could be caused by your RA medication. Ask for the Schillings Test. The gallbladder problem could also be causing the problems as well. But, be glad your blood pressure is that low. Most people are always fighting to keep theirs down. Just get your B-12 checked.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
    dalmatinka
    (female)

dalmatinka HB User

Have you checked you Thyroid levels recently? It looks to me like hypothyroidism.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
    pat52
    (female)

pat52 HB User

When I had anemia - I ate ice all the time. I couldnt keep enough in the house-brought crushed ice by the bag-lol I was very pale and faint feeling all the time. I had the coloscopy to determine if that was way I was so anemic-had two polyps removed but not the case. Took iron pills for about 3 months-haven't craved ice since. One of the symptoms of anemia is cravings (pica) for odd foods-my was ice-which is very common symptom.

Closed Thread