It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anemia or not?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
    PainfulCariZma
    (female)

PainfulCariZma HB User
    Anemia or not?

Well, ever since I was little I've had very pale skin. I always feel weak, dizzy, lightheaded.. like I'm going to pass out. My blood pressure is high sometimes. Sometimes I get pains in my chest, don't know if that has anything to do with it.. My mom told me I was anemic, but I'm not completely sure. Also, seeing as my skin is very pale, I don't tan. My skin burns! Could this be anemia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: Anemia or not?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PainfulCariZma
    Well, ever since I was little I've had very pale skin. I always feel weak, dizzy, lightheaded.. like I'm going to pass out. My blood pressure is high sometimes. Sometimes I get pains in my chest, don't know if that has anything to do with it.. My mom told me I was anemic, but I'm not completely sure. Also, seeing as my skin is very pale, I don't tan. My skin burns! Could this be anemia?
    Having pale skin that does not sun tan is a racial/genetic determined feature that does not have to do with anemia. When we refer to paleness from being ill we are talking about a change in coloring from normal. A person who has pale skin under normal circumstances just gets more pale if they are ill. Anemia can cause low blood pressure, but there are heart conditions and kidney conditions that can cause anemia and high blood pressure. These are all complicated illnesses that have to be diagnosed by a doctor in order to receive treatment. Anemia is an illness that also has to be diagnosed by a doctor because there are many diseases that have the same symptoms.

Closed Thread