It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• bruises under arms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
    sdb
    (female)

sdb HB User
    bruises under arms

I have PA, and iron defiency anemia, and I have noticed that I bruise easily. I expect that honestly, but right above my arm pits I not small bruises there all the time. Clusters of bruises. Now I have not injured myself in anyway, so where are those bruises coming from???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
    Merimac
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
    Re: bruises under arms

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdb
    I have PA, and iron defiency anemia, and I have noticed that I bruise easily. I expect that honestly, but right above my arm pits I not small bruises there all the time. Clusters of bruises. Now I have not injured myself in anyway, so where are those bruises coming from???
    Are they actually bruises or is the skin turning brown? I am assuming that you are caucasian. But, if it is simple bruising it is weak capillaries that are seeping. This clears up when your levels of iron and b-12 are stable. If the skin is turning brown, you might need to go see your doctor and show him. I have read some place that when the skin begins to look tan in places where you do not normally get sunlight, that this can indicate a cancerous process. Now don't panic because there is no way I can possibly know if this applies to you and that is why I am saying to check with your doctor.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #3
    KikaC
    (female)

KikaC HB User
    Re: bruises under arms

I get bruises there too. I have no idea why I get them. I always tell my friends I lead a secret night life because I wake up with bruises in the weirdest places.

Last edited by KikaC; 06-21-2005 at 05:41 PM.

Closed Thread