It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Pale Skin?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
    sean price
    (male)

sean price HB User
    Question Pale Skin?

7th months ago one day I suddenly lost all of my libido and experienced numerous symptoms. Something is definately wrong and I am 22 male. My doctor gave me some wellbutrin for depression, but the weird thing is it has no affect on me whatsoever. I fear there might be an underlying problem.

So i'm doing some research and found that anemia can cause a loss of libido. Also I noticed that when this happened my veins got smaller in size, and I can barely see them anymore when they used to always huge. I was thinking there might be a connection because anemia causes lack of oxygen in the blood so I believe. So my doct checks me out and is gonna give me a test but he says I look healthy because I don't have a pale face or hands (although I'm not tan by any stretch, Just normal I guess) So I guess my main question is can you have anemia without a noticeable pale face?

I am getting a Complete Blood Count in a few days, and head back to the doctor in a week. I appreciate all help/opinons!

I experience all of these:
    ability to concentrate
    Fatigue
    sensitivity to light/noise
    enlargement of lymph node on neck
    enlargement of cyst on wrist
    lower abdominal pain
    loss of appetite
    rapid heart beat
    Loss of muscle mass
    Headaches
    chapped lips, cracked in corners,
    sore tongue, rough coating
    Legs restless at night (once real bad), but I get alot of random muscle twiches all the time
    dry skin
    weakness in one or both legs
    ringing in one or both ears
    loss of or thinning hair
    i experience jaundice
    bloodshot eyes a lot
    accelerated heart rate, breathlessness
    over reactive emotions, fearfullness, depression,
    sadness, axienty

Last edited by sean price; 01-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
    japlopper
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

japlopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB User
    Re: Pale Skin?

A blood test is the only real way to rule out anemia. You should also ask for a test for Folate and B12 as well, as defiiciences in those two vitamins can also cause alot of those symptoms you described.

Keep pressing until you find the answers. It isn't normal to all of a sudden feel all those symptoms. I had a B12 deficiency as well as Folic Acid and Iron, and I felt like I was 90 - all the symtpoms you described and more. After a round of shots and supplements, I felt better, but I still have to keep going on the supplements. The key is not to stop once you start feeling better.

Take care,
    Jill

Old 01-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
    HolisticHelper
    (female)

HolisticHelper HB User
    Re: Pale Skin?

I know how you feel. I've suffered with those symptoms on and off for a few years. But just recently since I've been stressed, I have delpleted my B-Vitamins and it's really been taking it's toll on me. I haven't really lost my appetite all that much and my tongue isn't sore, nor is my skin jaundiced. (That by the way, I'd definitely check out), if I were you. Do you drink a lot of carrot juice? Some people who over dose on fresh carrot juice, run the risk of getting carotenitus (sp) I think that's what it's called anyway. It's basically where your liver is being taxed too much and it ends up backing up and the color is noticeable in your tone. A blood test is your best bet really. They will be able to tell you what's wrong. I'd go for the whole enchilada and test as much as possible.. Just to clear your mind of any worries that you might have. A lot of the time, anxiety and fear are the main culprit in all of our ailments. Best of luck to you and hope you feel better.

Stacey

Closed Thread