It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• anemia and low ferritin levels

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #16
    kjrunner
    (female)

kjrunner HB User
    Re: anemia and low ferritin levels

I'll check out the Lysine, thanks!

Actually, I am hypo. I've only recently began to see improvement since adding Cytomel to my Synthroid. I'm feeling better with everyday functioning, but I get exhausted with relatively low exertion. I know that some deconditioning can account for that, but something is still off. I'm a personal trainer/pilates instructor and it sucks when you are tired.

I FINALLY saw some improvement in my CBC. I started ferrous sulfate in Jan (minus April and may) and my RBC counts still dropped steadily until Aug. Since my HGB and HCT were "normal," I was presumed to be fine. I was told that RBC is seldom used to classify anemia, but still, it DROPPED every month.

Also, in spite of the improvement in Aug, my MCV is steadily getting larger. Even when my iron was at it's lowest, my MCV is at the high end of normal in spite of B12 injections. I've had two B12 shots over the last six months and my finger and toe numbness temporarily ceases. This has probably skewed my serum levels. I also just realized that my sugar free Red Bull habit may be elevating my serum B12 readings.... So, my B12 levels could be playing a factor. I've cut the Red Bull before my next round of labwork.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread