It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Ferritin has increased ... YAY !!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
    vegemite
    (female)

vegemite HB User
    Ferritin has increased ... YAY !!!

I just got blood results. After 30 days of iron supplements, my ferritin has increased from 7 to .......... 27 !!!!!!!!!!

Doctor is pleased. I am now at the low end of 'normal'. Doctor would like to see them up around 50+.

So, another 2 months on supplements then a blood test. And then no supplements (if my stores are fantastic) for 3 months and then retest.

On the mega plus side ... I obviously have no problems absorbing iron. My deficiency is more than likely pregnancy/childbirth (6 months ago) related and once I have boulstered by stores then I should be fine.

Isn't that just the best new No wonder I'm feeling SO much better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
    suzie74
    (female)

suzie74 HB User
    Re: Ferritin has increased ... YAY !!!

Glad to hear that your levels have increased! I am waiting on my ferritin results after 5 weeks of supplements too. Hopefully I have increased as well. I am feeling better than a month ago but not 100% so I get doubtful. But reading other posts gives me some hope!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
    vegemite
    (female)

vegemite HB User

I have to say, only after 4 weeks did I notice any improvement at all ... only last thursday did I start to notice a remarkable difference, and it's been getting better and better with each passing day

Good luck with your results, I hope you get a positive answers to show you heading in the right direction.

Last edited by vegemite; 11-06-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
    Tifferzz
    (female)

Tifferzz HB User

That is AWESOME news vegemite, congrats to you!!

suzie74, I hope that your levels have increased for you too!!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Wow, congratulations, that is amazing progress after just one month Was it the Spatone that you were on for the month?

I guess everybody is different regarding feeling better. At 29 i was still tired out, particularly on waking in the morning, but not as tired as when i was at 8. At my last test i was at 35 and felt so much better, but since then i feel i lack energy so this means that i have likely gone backwards as i stopped taking my supplements after getting iron injections as i felt they would have boosted me quite high, especially as i felt so good. My next test is in December and as i have resumed my supplements i will hopefully get better results.

Thanks for posting your results, it's very encouraging reading that other people have improved

Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
    ChristineVA
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

That is wonderful news. Mine has taken longer to get to 25 than yours did but I am using such low dosages (first Spatone and now Flintstones) because I cannot tolerate the higher amounts.

So, are you going to use the Spatone still?

Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
    vegemite
    (female)

vegemite HB User

These results are with Ferrograd C iron supplement tablets.

I'm now on Spatone. The pharmacist swears that the Spatone is far superior absorbtion that the tablets and as it looks as though I have no problem 'absorbing' iron, I'll stay on the Spatone for 2 months and then get my levels retested.

Considering I bled for 22 of the 30 days, that's still not bad going.

The doc said that getting into the high 20's will make me feel noticably better.... and as it increases higher I will still feel better.... until it hits around 40's when I won't "notice" how much better I feel, but I'll just be getting better anyway.

Thanks for your support and advice, it's been greatly appreciated. I'll let you know my results in a coupld of months

Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Congratulations Vegemite on your Ferritin! Just think what your numbers will be like on the Spatone with it's absorption rate? Glad that you are feeling better and that you know why your Ferritin was so low. That's always reassuring. Keep us posted! FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread