It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• numb toes- told B12 shots daily?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
    Shelby_36
    (female)

Shelby_36 HB User
    numb toes- told B12 shots daily?

I went to a new GP b.c I have 2 toes that have been numb for several months(different feet) She did some blood work and is also checking for sugar and back issues. Anyway she called today and the blood tests were good except for B12 was low (didn't get the number I will Monday)

She is putting me on daily shots for a week and then weekly shots for a month and then later monthly shots.

My question is does this sound right. Is it possible that the whole foot problem is B12 related?
    I do have IBS so I am assuming I am not absorbing the B12 in my diet but that is my thought. Either everything moves right through me or I take a med that keeps me more regulated but I think it binds some vitamins.

Any thoughts? Anything I should know before I start these shots?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
    Re: numb toes- told B12 shots daily?

It could very well be B-12 or something else all together. I would first build the B-12 within a high range and see if the symptoms go away after a while. When you get more than one thing going on at time it's hard to tell. Neuro symptoms are associated with a low B-12.

Sounds like your doc has a good dose of B-12 shots for you, that's good. Everyone here seems to be on a different schedule when it come to B-12.

I would see a GI doc to run the proper testing to see exactly what your absorption issue is. Perhaps you will have to deal with this the rest of your life, so you want to know what it is. IBS may be ~one~ reason. Be sure to get a copy of your labs too.
    Good luck! FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
    OWL77
    (female)

OWL77 HB User
    Re: numb toes- told B12 shots daily?

Shelby,

One of my first symptoms of low B12 (though I didn’t know it at the time) was two numb toes (left foot). Almost simultaneously my head started to hum, every day, all day. Many other symptoms, which were scary and difficult to cope with, came fast and furious until my deficiency was finally found. All my blood tests were glowing, except for B12, and B6 was a little low also. I don’t know if low B12 is causing your problems, but if it is, your doctor is doing the right thing. Best of luck,

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Closed Thread