It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• What does it mean when you have a high level of lymphocytes.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
    dhhs4
    (female)

dhhs4 HB User
    What does it mean when you have a high level of lymphocytes.

What does it mean when you have a high lymphocytes test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: What does it mean when you have a high level of lymphocytes.

I do know that lymphocytes fight bacteria etc so you would think the more you had of them the better your immune system would be, but that is just a guess. I have heard that it can be a symptoms of another illness though.

I haven't experienced high lymphocytes. I have always had low levels. The lab used to put an asterisk next to my result and my doctor never bothered to even look at it or mention anything to me. Once the lab even wrote that i had mild lymphopenia and my doctor still did not take notice. Meanwhile my ferretin was dropping and many years later i found out i had a thyroid condition. My new doctor has looked at all my old blood tests and said that it was obvious i had a lowered immune system.

Have you done a search on the net? That is sometimes a good place to start. Good luck

Closed Thread