It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• microcytic anemia and tingling sensation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
    cgrimes7
    (female)

cgrimes7 HB User
    microcytic anemia and tingling sensation

2 months ago I had a pressure sensation in my fingers that within a week spread to my feet and had a sensation over all my skin when touched except in the neck and face area. After blood work revealed that my ferritin was at a 3 and my mvc was 10 points below the low range I was put on iron. I am at 16 on ferritin but if i lower my neck slightly I feel like I am shocking myself down my spine and to my fingertips. I still get pressure tingling sensations in my arms and especially hands and wondered if all this will ever go away. I am curious as to how many months it will take to have these symptoms fully reversed. Someone has recommended beets to me to include in my diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
    Re: microcytic anemia and tingling sensation

Do you have a B-12 deficiency? Usually this type of symptom is due to B-12. I myself have experienced some tingling and numbness, I'm still not so sure if it is related to iron deficiency. Sometimes I think that it may be due to my thyroid, however, I think that those numbers are okay and not really the culprit. I can say that I have had MRI's on all of those parts and nothing comes up, everything is clean, but I still have symptoms. My Neuro said, it is related to anxiety, but I also don't agree with that diagnosis. No two people are alike when it comes to anemia. Most~ people do not get this with low iron stores or anemia. I still have it 1 1/2 yrs later. My ferritin is now 41. If you find out anything, let me know. K. FLFLOWERGIRL

Last edited by FLFLOWERGIRL; 09-03-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Closed Thread