It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Do i have anemia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
    dnbmatty
    (male)

dnbmatty HB User
    Do i have anemia?

Im a 18 year old lad and been feeling unwell.

Been getting fevers a few times, pains in legs. Feel like ive been asleep for hours when only been sleep for hour or so and i wake up 5-10 times a night. I keep going moody and feel stressed even though nothing has stressed me out. I get a few pains in my chest and kidneys a few times a day. My hands are always cold and my feet are always freezing, even with 3 pais of socks on and timberland boots on. Im really pale and have black circles under my eyes and ive gone really spotty. Sometimes i struggle to concentrate when people talk to me and i get tingerling in my hands a fare bit. I keep getting pains in my head and my right eye seems a bit blured. I shake a fare bit too. I eat and eat but caint put weight on and neither lost any.

I been doctors and he reckons he doesnt have any ideas, ive seen 3 docs and they all seem idiots.

Can anyone help ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
    GreenGal77
    (female)

GreenGal77 HB User
    Re: Do i have anemia?

I don't know that anyone here can really offer a diagnosis...because we aren't doctors, but I would suggest that if you feel that badly you try and find another doctor and ask for a comphrehensive blood work-up to be done.

Anemia is an option with some of those symptoms, but it isn't that common in a male your age. Is there any reason you can think of that you might be anemic? Are you a vegetarian? Have you ever been diagnosed with Crohn's or Colitis or do you have any bleeding disorders?

From what I know (YMMV) anemia in an 18 year old male is fairly uncommon, and unfortunately so many of the symptoms can be related to so many different things it can be hard to say. That being said, if you had a good blood work-up done, it should pick up on anemia (or possibly uncover something else that might be the reason you feel bad).

Are you in the UK? Some of the terms you used made me wonder. I'm not sure if they call it the same thing over there...but since you are a bit younger...I wonder if maybe you might have mono? Just a thought...

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

as gg said nobody can give you a dx but things to look at cbc and thyroid levels. one of the things that comes to mind is chronic fatigue syndrome I personally have fibro but they say it is its cousin. look up some of the symptoms. have you had any infections like mono? these are all just suggestions to try and help there could be many other things wrong good luck

Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

dnbmatty--Welcome to the boards!!!

I would say if you have been seeing doctors and they don't know what is wrong with you, then you are not anemic, or it would show on a FBC AKA CBC. You should ask to be checked out for Autoimmune diseases and what the others here have suggested. They along with thyroid--AI or not in nature also have the same symptoms of anemia. Anemia in fact is a part of several AI diseases. Don't give up trying find a new doc if need be. Keep us posted. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread