It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anyone run out of breath talking????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
    sue1234
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sue1234 HB User
    Anyone run out of breath talking????

I am not diagnosed anemic, but have ALL the symptoms: short of breath on moving and talking consistently longer than about 10 minutes, palpitations, fatigue, etc. Last CBC looked ok, so probably don't have anemia, but haven't checked ferritin in a few years. I tried to get an appt. with a hematologist, but they wanted a referral from a pcp.
    I would like to add that I feel my nails are pale, but there are no pictures on the internet to actually compare them to! I wish they had pictures of pale nails and eyes, for reference.

Last edited by sue1234; 09-25-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
    japlopper
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

japlopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB User
    Re: Anyone run out of breath talking????

It could be your B12 level- have they ever tested that?When my B12 was low, I was breathless when talking.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
    GHSdrummajor200
    (female)

GHSdrummajor200 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sue1234 View Post
    I am not diagnosed anemic, but have ALL the symptoms: short of breath on moving and talking consistently longer than about 10 minutes, palpitations, fatigue, etc. Last CBC looked ok, so probably don't have anemia, but haven't checked ferritin in a few years. I tried to get an appt. with a hematologist, but they wanted a referral from a pcp.
    I would like to add that I feel my nails are pale, but there are no pictures on the internet to actually compare them to! I wish they had pictures of pale nails and eyes, for reference.

I thought i was the only one who ran out of breath talking , i love to talk but lately i find myself not talking , i tend to get all exceited when i talk and the otherday i was talking to my cousin and i was like and then we went here and we there and we did this an i found myself slowling down and mid sentence i had to sit cause i was starting to black out and i had to stop and st on the floor and catch my breath and then continue the conversation . but all the dr's tell me im normal , so i don't know , its a horrible thing though to g o from talking all the time to now i get nervous to talk for fear of passing out , , hopefully u get better ,

Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
    Ramona Hyatt
    (female)

Ramona Hyatt HB User

You need to have your B12 levels checked. I had the same symptoms.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
    sue1234
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sue1234 HB User

Thank you for your posts. Actually I have been taking a B-12 injection every month for about 7 years. So I'm pretty sure it's not a B-12 issue. I wish something would show up.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
    teetertotter
    (male)

teetertotter HB User

Sorry to revive an old thread but i also have the breathless issue. Talking for more than.. 20 seconds though. It ranges from talking to 20 seconds to talking more than 10-15 minutes depending on how my condition is. I run out of breath and feel like im dying sometimes doing the simplest thing like standing up or sitting up (where its bad) or just walking more than a few feet, like into a grocery store. then if i push myself i feel like blacking out.

I'm b12 deficient and just recently started supplementing but as i supplemented my symptoms got worse. ive been told people get worse before they get better. what are people's exp on this?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
    caril
    (female)

caril HB User

Hey my weight is below normal level. I am 25 year old and my weight is only 36, I have problem of OCD. Also i feel short breaths and anxiety. So is this a symptom of anemia. Please suggest.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
    ard164
    (female)

ard164 HB User

Have you been checked for Pernicious Anemia/B12 absorbtion? B12 serum levels are useless, get UMMA and anti-intrinsic factor and read "Could it be B12?" if you're intrigued by the info you find on the web. Research well, then act...

Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
    ilovehawaii
    Inactive
    (female)

ilovehawaii HB User

You said your weight is 36? To add to this thread I too can get breathless talking and part of it may be a little overly excited or passionate about the subject ,,does anyone get out of breath bending down to tie shoes or pick up something? Plus the pressure is almost too much, and I get out of breath at times simply walking a few steps. Asthma does run in the family so that doesnt help. I hate feeling like I would rather just lay around than do chores or play withthe animals, I feel lazy but I know part of it is the lack of energy and that than creates depression..also having back issues causingpain slows me down, and broken limbs from the past.
    when I was a teenager I was strong and could run like the wind and climb high and lift heavy objects but today I feel total opposite of that gal. I can only revisit that feeling in my dreams. A lot of my injurys are from work and that is one area we bust our butts literally and hurt our bodys forever like our backs.
    We need to take better care and employers need to stop the slave grind for peanuts. by the way I am not that old and have felt like crud for many years, what will happen at 68 or so?

Closed Thread