It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Folate Deficiency Anemia - Breathing Issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
    Plasticine
    (male)

Plasticine HB User
    Folate Deficiency Anemia - Breathing Issues

Well about 4 weeks back I had a blood test and got told I had folate deficiency anemia. They gave me some boxes of folic acid tablet to take for 4 months. But I'm just wondering, the one symptom that really bugs me is my shortness of breath, it comes and goes at random times. And it often feels like I'm breathing under a blanket sometimes. Can anyone relate to this, or perhaps tell me how to cope with the breathing symptom easier.

The fatique feeling and other symptoms I get I can cope with easier as I have plenty of time to rest because of my current living state. But getting out of breath just walking up the stairs, eating a meal, or even sitting here now is the symptom that bugs me the most.

I'd just like to hear from you guys, how you'd describe the breathing difficulty that comes with anemia. And perhaps if there's anything that will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
    Toboein
    (female)

Toboein HB User
    Re: Folate Deficiency Anemia - Breathing Issues

hey -

I havent been diagnosed yet, but due to low ferritin and hemo i have a drs appt next week and i think they are looking towards anemia. My iron is okay so im wondering if its folic. Shortness of breath is my worst symptom too, just sitting here i feel like im being smothered. Has anything helped you yet? Please keep me informed. Thanks.

Closed Thread