It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• How long does it take iron to leave your system when you stop taking vitamins w/iron?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
    BrandedPrincess
    (female)

BrandedPrincess HB User
    How long does it take iron to leave your system when you stop taking vitamins w/iron?

I am going for blood work to check my thyroid, iron and other things and I may be anemic. I have been taking multi vitamins with a full days dose of iron in them. I want the blood tests to show my true results and not show results that are somewhat better only because I am taking supplements so I thought I would stop taking the vitamins before the test, so I am wondering how many days prior to the test should I stop taking them? Or does it really matter? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Very long, yet very desperate!! Pernicious anemia, b12 def., iron def. anemia happylittlefami Anemia 6 04-19-2012 06:40 AM
    Does this look like simple iron deficiency? anajam Anemia 7 09-14-2011 10:53 AM
    Low ferritin...should I take a supplement??? jayer Anemia 1 09-04-2009 06:16 PM
    Low Iron, when is the best time to take the supplement?? TEdds83 Anemia 8 07-14-2009 07:54 PM
    How long for Venofer to raise ferritin? BE 123 Anemia 1 05-19-2009 07:03 AM
    does slow-fe iron pills make hair grow pinky67 Anemia 1 06-24-2008 04:21 AM
    Intro/Frustration/Long (sorry) ajillity Anemia 7 06-06-2008 04:48 AM
    how long will it last? thephil Anemia 15 06-15-2006 12:45 PM
    Vitamin bshots, how long before they work? Jenetti Anemia 21 08-20-2005 02:28 PM