It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• what is better slow fe or ferrex 150 ????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
    kristine813
    (female)

kristine813 HB User
    what is better slow fe or ferrex 150 ????

My doc has advised me to start slow FE today for my low iron (etc) my daughter also had low iron and was taking ferrex 150... she seemed to do very well with iy and only.had mild constipation and is 13. Looking for advise.. what do take and what if any reaction have u had . Or what works for us.. thanks kristine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
    Heatherx5
    Veteran
    (female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User
    Re: what is better slow fe or ferrex 150 ????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kristine813 View Post
    My doc has advised me to start slow FE today for my low iron (etc) my daughter also had low iron and was taking ferrex 150... she seemed to do very well with iy and only.had mild constipation and is 13. Looking for advise.. what do take and what if any reaction have u had . Or what works for us.. thanks kristine.
    Hey Kristine. Everyone is different. While your daughter may have handled it wonderfully it could mess with you. It really just depends on your system and what you tolerate. I personally don't get constipation from the iron I'm taking, it's quite that opposite actually, that is about all I have noticed as far as reaction goes. Some days I will get a little bit of upset stomach some days I don't, I don't blame it directly on the iron because overall I just feel crummy.

Sometimes you have to try a couple different kinds to find one that fits you. My iron is Integra and my Dr. said that most people that he has gave it too seem to tolerate it better.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
    jonnstar
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
    Re: what is better slow fe or ferrex 150 ????

SlowFE is well tolorated and well adsorbed..... take one twice a day for the first couple of weeks, to give your body a quick hit of iron, then one once a day for upto ayear to rubuild th bodys iron stores.

Mason make a generic Slow Fe wich is significantky cheaper

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Closed Thread