It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Is TMJ a symptom of anemia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
    Lady50
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
    Is TMJ a symptom of anemia?

My iron, ferritin, saturation have been low for quite awhile. The first of this month I had too much iron floating around in my bloodstream and it suppressed my thyroid, had an ear infection, took antibiotics. But have jaw pain. Cannot eat hard foods only soft and take ibuprofen.

Taking less iron supplement and eating cream of wheat, meat etc.

Its just weird.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
    Mandolyn
    Veteran
    (female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User
    Re: Is TMJ a symptom of anemia?

I am in the same boat as you. It seems like ALL of this happened at once... after having ear pain, seeing my doc and explaining other symptoms like leg cramps and RLS and jaw pain he said it could be TMD related-- had blood work done and I am anemic. I'm still dealing with this jaw stuff- today it's not as bad, but it's usually worse in the evening. I have a custom guard being made right now to wear at night.
    Honestly I don't know if these are related! My periods aren't heavy so I don't know why my iron is low. Maybe I just don't eat enough iron. But it is odd that they both happened at the same time. I'm also eating malt o meal and oatmeal, cottage cheese-- stuff like that. I had pizza today for the first time in a month and cut it up and chewed slowly and did ok.

My ear was never infected- It still bothers me off and on and feels infected now and again but every doc I have seen about it says it looks fine. So I know it has to do with my jaw alignment and my bite is off.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
    Lady50
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
    Re: Is TMJ a symptom of anemia?

Oh my looks like we are in the same boat. The NP said it was very red in my ear with some white pus.Yuck!!! Took the amoxicillin, finished that, still had terrible terrible pain. I boiled my ear with peroxide a few times and aha much better. But, my bottom jaw jaw hinge is still sore and trying to watch what I eat also.

Then, I found out my vitamin D was only 36 with a range of 30-100. They marked it off okay at the docs office. No way, it is suppose to be at least 70.

Guess they don't care.

Closed Thread