It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Help please!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
    Kaymarina
    (female)

Kaymarina HB User
    Help please!

I new here. I am desperate I have anemia and have suffered on and off for some time. Usuallyitaffects my eyes with distorted vision and dizziness.this time however it has done something awful to my ears! They are roaring and full of awful pressure also they feel over sensitive! It's impossible to live like this. Please anyone out there that has had his symptom and did it go! My hb is 10 higher than other times but my ferritin is 2 ! Please help mei I am so afraid that ill stay like this . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
    Heatherx5
    Veteran
    (female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User
    Re: Help please!

Hello, I am sorry that you are going through all this but I feel your pain. I was the same way about a year ago and it's not a good feeling. Mentally and physically anemia can cause a lot of issues. You are not alone.

Anemia is just a symptom of a larger problem. You need to find out what is causing your anemia and treat it along with taking iron supps or infusions to get your numbers back up there, this is very important. It's a long hard fight but you won't feel like this forever, if you are treating it, I promise. It takes a long time! Some people bounce back in weeks, months, if your anything like me it could take a while. I have been treating my anemia for over a year now. Mine was due to heavy monthly cycles. I took care of the problem and my numbers started going up. Raising ferritin is the most difficult thing to do.

Are you treating the anemia? Taking iron? Have you found the cause?

Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
    Kaymarina
    (female)

Kaymarina HB User

Yes I know it's heavy periods.Did you have the ear issues.?my ears are so over sensitive it's hard to function at all .plus I have to teach if feel so lowland anxious because I just don't think i can work like this. Please give me some hope my ears will return to normal soon . Thank you so much x

Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
    Heatherx5
    Veteran
    (female)

Heatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB UserHeatherx5 HB User

Kay, I had the worst ear issues. I had a nose surgery thinking that it was my sinus causing the ear pressure, ringing, etc but really it was my IDA. It will get better I promise you just have to keep taking your iron faithfully.

I remember sitting at my computer one day and my vision going all haywire. Everything was really bright, I couldn't even read words, there were 2 of everything. I started having a panic attack and just crawled in bed and cried...this happened 3 more times over the course of about 2 months. Anemia makes your body do some crazy things.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
    Kaymarina
    (female)

Kaymarina HB User

Oh heather thank you so much for your reply. I too have the same issues with my eyes I have to wear glasses to dull things down! Also I feel dizzy, I have decided today that I will take time off work now because I teach and I just can't pretend I feel normal anymore! The awful symptoms do make you anxious . I have to feel better than this by the end of July as I have a holiday booked for my 4 children they are so excited and I don't want to ruin it or them this afternoon the pressure in my ears has eased very slightly but now my eyes are worse! It's as though the blood chooses between the two.I am so glad you feel better now ... It also gives me hope xxxx

Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
    Heatherx5
    Veteran
    (female)

You will be ok Kay and keep checking in an letting us know how you are doing. Sometimes just having support and knowing you are NOT alone in this fight is what is needed. I am so glad I found these boards they are a blessing. Take care of yourself!

Closed Thread