It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• What do you do to stay positive and active?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
    holocene
    (female)

holocene HB User
    Smile What do you do to stay positive and active?

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a few threads here over the past week and appreciate that this forum exists. I'm not really looking for an explanation for what I'm going through, but rather wanted to ask what everyone here is doing to stay positive and active.

Last week I was told by my doctor that my ferritin is 5. In my case, it was a relief because I was having some scary symptoms with everything else coming back normal. So I'm feeling good about working with my doc to figure out how to address it.

But I don't have to tell you all that I'm SOOOOO TIRED!!! It's getting a little depressing and I'm having trouble keeping commitments to graduate school and even just showing up to social events. I just want to watch tv, take naps, and play video games. The gym used to give me more energy in general but I sort of stopped going because I would get so shaky afterwards. I've also always been a big coffee drinker, but that doesn't seem to do anything for me anymore either.

So what does everyone do to feel their best given the circumstances? Excercise? Music? I'm pretty receptive to positive thinking, so anything you can share will be appreciated!

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
    Re: What do you do to stay positive and active?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by holocene View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a few threads here over the past week and appreciate that this forum exists. I'm not really looking for an explanation for what I'm going through, but rather wanted to ask what everyone here is doing to stay positive and active.

Last week I was told by my doctor that my ferritin is 5. In my case, it was a relief because I was having some scary symptoms with everything else coming back normal. So I'm feeling good about working with my doc to figure out how to address it.

But I don't have to tell you all that I'm SOOOOO TIRED!!! It's getting a little depressing and I'm having trouble keeping commitments to graduate school and even just showing up to social events. I just want to watch tv, take naps, and play video games. The gym used to give me more energy in general but I sort of stopped going because I would get so shaky afterwards. I've also always been a big coffee drinker, but that doesn't seem to do anything for me anymore either.

So what does everyone do to feel their best given the circumstances? Excercise? Music? I'm pretty receptive to positive thinking, so anything you can share will be appreciated!

Take care
    Hi, I am right there with you! Mine is the 7 I feel like hell. I wishiI could tell you that I am keeping my spirits up but I am very depressed this is awful. I also have scary symptoms and was even checked for leukemia!!! What were your symptoms? I am also very tired and I am glad Mom of 2 young kids so it's really hard. Sending hugs your way and let'spull oourselves out of this rut and get better ok?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
    holocene
    (female)

holocene HB User
    Re: What do you do to stay positive and active?

Sorry to hear you are depressed. I can understand, it gets me down sometimes to be so tired and have so much trouble doing normal things. I think the hardest part for me is getting up in the morning. There is just no way to describe how exhausted I feel, and it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I have had mono before, and this low iron experience has been worse for me in terms of fatigue.

My scary symptoms were restless legs, feeling like there was a weight on my chest when I would lay down, feeling like I couldn't take a full breath throughout the day, and being so tired that I would lose focus and not know what was going on around me. After I would work out at the gym I would feel shaky and feel like I was going to faint. I thought something was wrong with my heart.

Hugs to you too. It does get a little better every week. I mostly just try to stay positive by reminding myself that it's normal for it to take a long time to get better. And I try to forgive myself when I am too tired to do something. I had a hard time in the beginning because I couldn't just will myself to get up and do whatever I needed to do. Now I just try my best and try not to beat myself up over it.

Some days I feel pretty good, so I try to make the most out of those days. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
    Talking Re: What do you do to stay positive and active?

I have all those symptoms!! Thought something was wrong with my heart as well. Scary stuff!!!! What iron are you currently taking and dosage? It's hard on my stomach so finding the right iron is difficult. Don't ever feel bad for feeling down, your not alone. I think depression and anxiety go hand and hand with low ferritin. Hope you continue to feel better

Closed Thread