It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Pernicious Anemia Misery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
    NJMommy
    (female)

NJMommy HB User
    Pernicious Anemia Misery

I was diagnosed with PA last month. My b12 was 103, Homosystine was 167.3 and my MMA was over 34,000! My symptoms were so bad that I lost feeling from my toes all the way to my shoulders within 3 weeks. After my MRI showed brain and spinal cord damage, MS was ruled out with a spinal tap. My neurologist finally diagnosed PA, and my Hemo said in his 25+ yr career as a doctor he's never seen levels as low as mine. So, I've started b12 injections, and the numbness is getting better; however, I'm now having what I can only call neurological episodes. I feel like there is electricity coursing through my body and my heart starts pounding out of my chest. It appears that they're getting more frequent and lasting longer. It's debilitating, I'm afraid to leave the house because they're so bad. Has anyone else dealt with this during recovery? If so, how long does it last? If I wasn't so scared, I'd laugh at the adage, the cure is worse than the disease!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    pernicious anemia