It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board

Sub-arachnoid Hemorrhage and post surgery vomitings

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2016, 03:40 AM   #1
steveo202b
(female)

steveo202b HB User
Sub-arachnoid Hemorrhage and post surgery vomitings

My mom (56yrs) had a SAH stroke on 12th Sept. The week before that she had a couple of vomitings and started having headaches which didnt go away till the stroke actually occurred.

At the hospital, we found that she had multiple ruptures in one of the arteries supplying blood to the little brain. The docs did an endovasular coiling surgery to close off that artery as they said the other artery was wide enough to handle the blood requirement of the brain. After that they did an EVD to the brain too to drain out excess blood filled cerebro-spinal fluid. Thankfully during all this process, she showed remarkable progress and the docs shifted her out of the ICU in 2 weeks and out of the hospital in 3 weeks. So she is at home with me now.

But, since last night, she has had 2 vomitings. One yesterday evening and another one a couple hours ago. She also says she has a slight headache. I am very scared and confused. Are these vomitings because of something serious or just a result of nausea due to her long list of meds she is on (include anti-seizure, anti-inflammatory, paracetamol etc). Combined with i feel i may have made her to eat a bit more than she can take (I was worried she needs strength to cope with those strong meds).

All other things with her are fine in the sense that her memory is perfect, she can think, laugh, show affection etc. She can get up on her own, but can;t walk as her legs are a bit weak.

Can anyone tell me if vomitings are a common occurrence during post-stroke recovery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply