It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aneurysm Message Board

Barely sleeping

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
sdh0925
(female)

sdh0925 HB User
Barely sleeping

So..... about 2 months ago I had a horrible pain behind my left eye. The headache just kept getting worse as the days progressed. My husband (who is an emergency room physician) ordered an MRI without contrast of my brain to rule out a brain tumor. The report came back clean as a whistle. Well, Monday I went to the eye doctor, and when I got home my husband said "oh, they dilated your eyes" and I informed him that the did NOT dilate them. He said your right pupil is larger than the left. I looked in the mirror barely noticed a difference, and chalked it up as whatever. On Thursday my mom had said the same thing, that my right pupil was larger. I started to google why that could happen, needless to say, aneurysm popped up.. I am beside myself. My husband thinks I am insane, lol... Sometimes being married to a doctor is a blessing and a curse. I called the eye doctor and she referred me to a Neuro-Ophthalmologist. I saw him yesterday, and he put drops in my eyes, checked my pressure, measured my pupils (1-2mm difference), and also measured my eye lids. All in all he said everything looked normal. So, you would think i would be content. NOPE! Today my right eye is slightly red, mostly around my iris, and i am FREAKING out over it. Ive practically driven myself crazy trying to find answers on the internet, and I cannot seem to find any site that is consistent. One site says this, another says thats wrong. I am so lost and confused. So my question is: Can an MRI of the brain WITHOUT contrast show if there is an aneurysm? My dad as a small aortic aneurysm, and he has 1 behind each knee. I have read that those types of aneurysms are not the same are brain annies. Ugh!!! Someone help me.. I am going insane

Last edited by sdh0925; 07-22-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply