It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

Overwhelming anger issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2016, 06:09 AM   #1
Andetta
(male)

Andetta HB User
Angry Overwhelming anger issues

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so bare with me,

I've regonized the fact that I have a anger problem. I've been to see a councillor and all I've got out of that was him telling me to meditate.
Im 31 , and over the last few years my anger has peaked to its fullest.
It gets so bad I can't think properly, all I see is red and my addrenaline floods my body where I honestly feel like I could flip cars . Im serious, like the adrenaline is out of control and It takes me a good hour till I can calm down again.

I wander if there is something wrong with my brain or something .. did I hit my head at some point and my brain is out of whack ? Or am i just a nut case.
My parents would always say I'm Jackle and Hyde and my wife agrees that I have that characteristic.

I get offended easily and take negative criticism badly haha, I also have troubles taking orders from authority figures.

If anyone can relate to me or has some feedback and advise to share id love to hear it because i really hate feeling this way and it has a significant impact on my life. please help.

-Andetta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Overwhelming anger issues

Welcome to the boards!
Yes, I can relate.
First I want to say, good for you for acknowledging that you have an anger problem.
You are my daughter's age, and if she came for me to advice, this is what I would say to her. I would say that although anger is an emotion, the anger is covering something deeper. It looks and certainly feels like anger, but deep down it could be a myriad of other emotions like shame, like feeling inadequate... I'm sure there are many more.
The body is so amazingly responsive to the brain. I have experienced that with anger, and also with anxiety and depression. What the brain tells us, our bodies experience.
I would tell my daughter to talk to a therapist. It will give you a safe way to figure out what is going on, on the inside, that is making you so explosive on the outside.
For me personally, I am rebellious to authority too and as you know, I am much older than you. I feel powerless and disrespected and I think that especially in men, these emotions can REALLY affect you.
It's a good thing that you are looking for advice and help. I can hear that your behavior is not only hurting your loved ones but it is hurting you too. You have a long life ahead of you, maybe children in the future who need a daddy who will not fly off the handle and make them scared in their own home. So take the time now to get therapy and/or medication, if necessary, to get your emotional life in order. Best wishes to you.

The following user gives a hug of support to sweetpotato13:
Andetta (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Andetta
(male)

Andetta HB User
Re: Overwhelming anger issues

Thank you sweet potato I appreciate your response it deffinelty warmed my night up when I read it at work on my break.

Funny you mentioned children because we have one on the way, Due in October witch makes me really happy, my wife and I are both really excited.

Im looking into therapists now to see for when I'm back home, I agree this is my next step into climbing out of this dark hole.

Thank you so much . Take Care

~Andetta

Reply Reply

Tags
anger issues