It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

What's wrong with me???

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
Southline
(female)

Southline HB User
What's wrong with me???

I will get dramatically angry sometime over what many people will just let go and forget it.

Drama... people always telling me I like drama.

I like to do what I want to do and it doesn't matter if it keeps me from doing the things i should be doing. I don't like anyone telling me I don't have time to do all the things I am doing and that I should be better prioritizing.

If someone makes me mad I have a hard time letting go.

I've had people tell me I was BiPolar to just plain crazy because how angry I can get.

When I look at all the symptoms of BP, and all the many other mental illness I don't fall under many symptoms.

I simply like to have my way, the way that I want it. I don't like anyone telling me I am wrong.

Basically, this drama and anger I can have has caused problems with relationships. Relationships have ended simply because I want everything my way. Thus people tell me I must be BP, Selfish, and just plain crazy.

Could there really be a medical issue???

I just do not sit well if someone tells me i should have stayed home and cleaned house instead of choosing to go to the gym.

and it hurts to hear people tell me that I have a mental issue, medically.

I work full time, have a child, go to school, am involved with the community, go to church, like to go out with the girls, have a boy friend whom btw would rather I be the traditional house wife. He believes I have way too much on my plate and can get mad because I do all these things and don't have a problem NOT being the traditional house wife... I do have problem with work related relationship of my co workers and don't understand why I have a problem getting along with people. I get along PERFECTLY fine with those at the gym and anyone that wants to join me in my extra activities outside of work. I just don't see it a problem I'm not so much into the typical traditional housewife/mom sort of thing.

I've been told I was a very selfish person, too.

Is this some type of medical issue as many have attempted to flag me???

I've been told I do not live in reality...

I just happen to believe in going to the gym and that it takes priority no matter how tired I am with school, work, and being a Mom. When I want to do something I pretty much am going to do it regardless of my cleaning my home....

I like to have a few beers and don't think it's bad if I want to occasionally smoke weed. However, I have had people tell me they don't like to be around me when I do. I get loud and they find me annoying. But I'll end up doing well for a while and then I do it anyway. Always causes problems in the end for me.

Thank you

Last edited by Southline; 08-24-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
avess
(female)

avess HB User
Re: What's wrong with me???

Based on what you said you may have something alone the lines of Narcisstic Personality Disorder.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: What's wrong with me???

I'm no therapist, but here are my thoughts. Yes, maybe there truly is a medical explanation for what you are doing, how you are acting. It's obvious you don't like being told what to do. It's obvious that you put a lot of weight behind what others tell you, what they think of you. It must hurt you to feel so judged. I have known women who are into EVERYTHING. Running like crazy. I think that there's more to it than just wanting to do what you want to do. Some people...this may not be you.... are so uncomfortable in their own skin that they have to keep going and going like the Energizer bunny. Of course, that's not healthy because there's no balance. Balance is, in my opinion, essential for a good life.
If you don't want to be a traditional housewife I certainly have no beef with that, just be sure that you are being a mom who is there for your child in every way. You have such a responsibility to be a role model to your little one. There is absolutely nothing like a mother's love and attention, even though there are people who can certainly feed them and take care of them. A momma's love is special, and sacred. Time passes so quickly, I don't want you to be regretful.
I'm glad that you're here. Do you think you'd be willing to talk to a therapist about your issues? Not for anyone else, but for yourself? To feel less stressed and angry?

Reply Reply

Tags
anger management, behavioral issues