It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

I think I have anger issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
avess
(female)

avess HB User
I think I have anger issues

Whenever literally anything happens that I don't directly agree with I get SO angry. I've yelled at strangers in the halls at school, I broke a plate, I punched my window and broke it, and have told more than a few people I loved I hated them and didn't want to talk to them again. Mostly over dumb reasons! I don't understand quite why

Last edited by mod85; 09-15-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: I think I have anger issues

I'm so happy you're here, welcome.
Here's the good news. You already KNOW that there is something going on beneath all of that anger. That is a GREAT start. Now what you need to do is find a therapist to talk to.
I think you will make great progress, and learn how to make the most of your feelings so that you are not acting out in destructive ways. I wish you the very best!!

Old 02-26-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
JazzLily
(female)

JazzLily HB User
Re: I think I have anger issues

I have some serious anger issues myself, and I think I always have.

I was verbally abused as a child; that's one reason. I also have negative reactions to certain foods and drinks. Eating chocolate sometimes gives me instant PMS. The fudgier and chocolatier, the worse I get. This is a condition recognized by Psychology Today, but very few people know about it.

You should definitely try counseling, healing arts (all kinds), getting a good night's sleep, avoiding chocolate, soda, and energy drinks. I drink coffee and it makes me happy, but cola, etc. makes me jittery.

Look up "are you an empath?" If you are, you may be picking up other people's negative energy. This is the hardest to conquer, but at least if you know it, you don't feel as crazy.

Meditation and grounding is supposed to help. I don't use those because they make me sleepy, but no reason not to try them!

Last edited by JazzLily; 02-26-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: P.S. I have also broken a lot of windows, plates, and even kicked in a few walls.

Reply Reply