It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

Why am I so MEAN?!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
KKxx
(female)

KKxx HB User
Why am I so MEAN?!

Hey, this is my first post so all the answers will be helpful😊

So I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now (although I think we're on the way to splitting up) anyway when we first got together everything was fine and sweet! Id say a year and half down the line I have become SO mean and nasty towards him, il say really really mean and hurtful things to him then a minute later be like "Am so sorry, I wont do that again".. Fews hours later am saying it again! I never use to be like this now I just say things just to hurt him. I tell him to go and die on his own and i hate him, I call him all kinds then I feel so bad then say sorry.. then it happens again! I just feel like hurting him because he hurt me SO much during the first year of our relationship! Is that why am saying these things?

I really want to change, even if we do split up I want to change for my next relationship!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Why am I so MEAN?!

Hi there. It is not likely you are going to change until you find out what is causing this to begin with. You have some anger issues if you are speaking to someone you supposedly love this way...

Have you thought about getting some counseling to try and find out what the root of this is? It couldn't hurt. Why is your boyfriend still with you? Would you stay with someone who spoke to you this way?

It may be out of your control, or so you think- but something is setting you off to be so terrible to your boyfriend. The pattern will continue no matter who you are with until you face it and deal with it.

I highly suggest that you end this relationship before he hurts you. No one can be spoken to that way forever without coming back either verbally or physically and lashing out. In the meantime, think about making an appointment for yourself with someone who can talk this through with you professionally. Your family physician should be able to provide some names to help you.
Best of luck. This cant be easy for you....but you are doing the right thing asking for help!

Reply Reply