It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

Can't stop picking fights with my girlfriend

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
Billythekid622
(male)

Billythekid622 HB User
Can't stop picking fights with my girlfriend

So lately I've been fighting with my girlfriend who I love very much she is pregnant. And we are living at her mom's. I'm a jealous guy. And I have abandonment issuses. So why am I being rude or mean I can't figure this out. I'm going to therapy, granted it has only been one session. I can't keep doing this I hate this cause I know I'm loving and sweet and it shows sometimes. But the arguments are starting to out weigh that. And I can see her slipping away. It's breaking me. Please help me, help her, and us. I don't want to be so ridiculous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Can't stop picking fights with my girlfriend

Going to therapy is an important first step. Make sure you go as often as the therapist will allow you to, and make sure your girlfriend sees you making efforts to change your behavior. Maybe take her with you? Let her see that you are trying, which is all anyone can really ask for.

The fact that you are going says you care...but one visit is only a start. Its going to take more than one for her to feel that you are honestly committed and all you can do is prove that you are.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Seraph
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Can't stop picking fights with my girlfriend

Good for you taking this step. Keep it up. Another tip is to take ownership of your anger. Instead of saying "I can't stop picking fights...", change that to "I won't stop picking fights..'. Our self-talk language is a powerful tool and the second version is truer than you realise. Give yourself back that control and choice in your reactions. Keep a journal Of your interactions and you can look back through and identify your triggers and what sets them off. Writing stuff down is another powerful tool. Keep trying and all the best. Sera

Reply Reply