It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

• Boiling Over With Anger About The Little Things

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #31
    Dear Maggie
    Inactive
    (female)

Dear Maggie HB User
    Re: Boiling Over With Anger About The Little Things

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MysteryRider
    I was just wondering if anyone else out there blew up about ordinary everyday things because of your anger. To me, it seems like nothing can go wrong because it will set me off.
    I know of someone like this. It got extremely noticeable for his wife after he painted a small bathroom with 409 Cleaner and then painted it. He said his eyes were burning and hurting and the next morning he was totally exhausted.

Now this would be an exposure in both the cleaning and the paint products to 2-butoxyethanol that would cause autoimmune hemolytic anemia. There should have been blood in urine, too, but he wasn't asked about that. If this exposure was true, to the point of being too much, he would still have some blood (protein?) showing in urine, and the red blood cells would be immature, small & exhibit some fragility. (Regular blood work looks ok for this group of people, so don't stop there)

Last edited by Dear Maggie; 09-14-2004 at 12:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 02:33 PM   #32
    Lady.Aggie

Lady.Aggie HB User

You might also want to think of any medicine you're taking on a regular basis - even OTC. Appetite suppressants can make a person very irritable and even antihistamines can cause "nervousness and excitability." I was taking the fat-burner Zantrex (OTC) and noticed that I got extremely touchy and quick to ignite, blowing up at every little irritant and jumping all over my husband ... I finally figured out that this happened after I'd taken the Zantrex and once I stopped, I calmed down considerably.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:11 AM   #33
    Karenholden

Karenholden HB User

Hey,

How are you, have you stopped to think of all of the things that are going on in your life.

I am a person who everyone saw as strong and was always the person everyone came to if they needed help. One day I just started losing it over just little things and eventually had a nervous breakdown.

You know why, I was trying to do too much I had just experienced the death of a friend, my father had had a stroke and we thought he was going to die. I wanted to be home with my baby daughter and financially could not and had to go to work, I was trying to manage a department of 15 people who I became counsellor to etc... etc.....

I never took the time out to do anything for myself or even to sit down and work out what was going on around me. When it all became too much and I had a nervous breakdown and ended up with severe depression.

It took a counsellor to make me see what was going on in my life and she taught me to try and just deal with the things that are in my control and not to worry about the things that are outside of my control.

That was 18 months ago and I have come along way even though some times I still get a little frustrated. I know now not to let things get to me because I have experienced the consequences.

My suggestion to you, is have a good look at what is going on in your life, I am sure there are things inside and outside of your control too.

Just slowly try to work through the things you can control and try and improve them but try not to get caught up in the things that are outside of your control. But the first thing you need to do is identify them.

If you don't have anyone to confide in because you just are not comfortable talking to those you are close to, get on the boards and let it all out.

These are great boards for venting - so when you are angry vent it in here. If you want to say something and get it out - say it in here.

The great thing is -we are all here to listen and help out and most of us are looking for help in some way or another ourselves.

We can't see you so your safe in here, but take it from someone who has been at the lowest low - get out what is frustrating you and try to do it in a positive way that will improve YOUR life.

Cheers,
    Karen

We are here for you,

Last edited by Karenholden; 09-16-2004 at 06:13 AM.

Closed Thread