It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

• Quitting jobs from anger

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
    antoni

antoni HB User
    Quitting jobs from anger

How many of you out there are like me and quit jobs quite frequently over anger issues. By anger issues, I mean bosses & co-workers provoking you or treating you unfairly and triggering your anger. Some people are able to put up with it for the paycheck but I just can't do it.

Thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
    seawater

seawater HB User
    Re: Quitting jobs from anger

I have come very close to it. What stopped me was six weeks of vacation.

But I know how you feel.

If I didnít need the paycheck, I would have been out of there in a heartbeat!

Old 08-26-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
    millpark26
    Veteran
    (male)

millpark26 HB User

What kind of jobs do you have that you can keep quitting because you're angry but then get another one?

Old 08-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
    antoni

antoni HB User

Well I was able to do this in the late 90's when the job market was much better and it was easier to job-hop. I work in administration, bookkeeping/accounting area. Now alot of jobs are being outsourced in this field. The cost in doing this but keep having to start new jobs is that you have to wait longer to be vested in a pension or to get health benefits.
    So, the moral of the story is being unable to control your anger can cost you jobs and money unfortunately.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

I am so like that. I used to do ok though. I held a job for 7 years once but was angy quite a bit when I worked there but really needed the money. Now in the last two years I have quit 4 jobs. I am currently looking for a job and and pretty sure I got the job I just applied for. I keep thinking something will be different or better when I switch jobs. Sometimes it is but there is usually a different set of problems. I did last a year in this last job. I just do clerical work and have had a pretty easy time finding another job when I do look. My skills help me a lot. I always excel on the data entry tests when they give them to me.

Closed Thread