It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anger Management Message Board

• Angry Frustration-Scratching Face & Neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
    sleppy210
    Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
    Exclamation Angry Frustration-Scratching Face & Neck

It doesn't take much to trigger it. My friend Jim could look at me wrong and I'll get so upset that I'll start throwing things, breathing heavily, saying I want to kill myself. One time I was so frustrated that I scratched from my forehead down my neck and chest. It looked like a cat took a bad beating on me. I can't control it. It's getting worse. When I get like this, I honestly want to kill myself. Stupid things trigger it. Bad things always happen to me, so that stuff triggers it. For example, my check card is missing, since 2 days ago... So I have that to deal with. It's mainly due to frustration. I get frustrated and annoyed at things and I blow up. Now I've resorted to being cruel to my boyfriend. Like if he says he's going to call me in 15 minutes and doesn't call for 45 minutes when I've already gone to bed, the next morning I get angry and turn my phone off and think to myself, "I hope he cries because he can't get a hold of me." Then it just takes hold of me and I can't calm down. I've had depression in the past. In 10th grade I held a gun to my head but couldn't go through with it. But since I've gone to college it had gotten better. But this semester I'm a mess.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of angry frustration? Is it a condition? Should I see a therapist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
    dd annie
    (female)

dd annie HB User
    Re: Angry Frustration-Scratching Face & Neck

Do you have any type of anxiety? Do you take any thing for headache that have caffiene? I have gotten that angry before. I get itchy, and I bite myself and I have thrown things, hit the walls (almost broke my hand), screaming, and actually lead to an anxiety attack. What caused it for me was usually stress and insecurity. I took hormonal birth control which messed my mood up. I also had a lot of unresolved isssues from my past. I went to counseling and cleared that all up. I have taken medication with caffiene in them for migraines and that tends to make me irratable and angry. I get ticked off really easily. Maybe seeing a couselor will help you to get past that anger and help you to find what is the root of the anger. Killing youself is not the answer. Trust me, what is the point in it? I have attempted a few times too but never went through with it. What helped me, was knowing that no matter what, this momment, this anger, this feeling of being trapped, and nothing is ever going to get better will go away. It is up to me to do something about it, wrether it is to just relax and just think about you and what makes you happy.

Annie

Old 12-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
    sleppy210
    Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

Sometimes I drink caffeinated Green Tea. I don't even drink soda. I take supplements: B-complex, Zinc, Green Tea Capsules, Vitamin A. I don't know if they have anything to do with anything. But I'm not on birth control or any medication for that matter. I was on antibiotics for 3 years though for acne.

Old 12-19-2004, 03:19 AM   #4
    dd annie
    (female)

dd annie HB User

Are there any issues that could cause you to get frustrated or angry? Do you stay pretty busy every day? What about stress?

Annie

Closed Thread