It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

What's wrong with me?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
Kelly1970
(female)

Kelly1970 HB User
Unhappy What's wrong with me?

Hello, I'm hoping others have the same or similar problems as I have. I have a strong family history of heart disease. My grandfather died of a heart attack at the age of 45, my brother at the age of 43 and my mother at the age of 66. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and am medicated for it which seems to have regulated it. Because of my family history my dr checks my cholesterol and sugar levels every 3 months. A few times they, individually, have been border line but I am careful with what I eat and next blood work everything comes back fine. I do a lot of walking, 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day with my dog. It's not typically a stroll but more like a brisk walk with stops. I try to watch what I eat but temptation gets the best of me at times. I am about 30-35 lbs over weight and have decided that I need to go back to the gym which I will start slowly today. Oh and I am almost certain I'm in full menopause now as well. It seems as though my whole body aches, I wake up during the night with tingly hands, just my hands, I'm tired all the time, my arms hurt, sometimes lower arms, sometimes upper, my jaw hurts from time to time, stiff neck, pain in my upper back and sometimes chest pain. I have had every test related to heart known to man. My recent angio was April 21st which showed absolutely no blockage anywhere. I've had countless ECG's, stress tests, a couple of nucleur tests, xrays and ultrasounds on my heart. Everything always comes back with a clean bill. Is this all in my head? I know I may tend to make things out to be worse than they are because of so many heart related deaths of my immediate family in such a short period of time but I would like to think I'm not imagining it all.

Any thoughts and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
Mg2121
Veteran
(female)

Mg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB UserMg2121 HB User
Re: What's wrong with me?

Hi

I am assuming that if you have had the array of cardiac tests that they have done basic blood work but what about testing for lymes disease or something similar. I don't think it's in your head at all. There are other things that could be causing your symptoms. I would describe them to your internist and go from there. Best of luck.

Reply Reply

Tags
heart concern