It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

Center Chest Pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Jason1982 HB User
Center Chest Pain

I've been reading a lot of posts on here and some folks symptoms are close to mine, but also different. I have chest pain in the lower center of my chest. The pain feels like a large burp that needs to be released, but never comes. The pain can be brought on by just about anything. The two things I am positive that brings it on is stress and eating heavy or greasy meals. The pain last for hours and is made worse by leaning into it. The strange thing is that it is relieves immediately when I lie flat on my back.. no wait time. At work it can get very severe and I have to squat down with my back straight to get some relief. I take omelraolze every day for the last three months, and it doesn't stop this particular pain. I've tried every antacid, but nothing seems to stop it unless I lie flat on my back. Also, if I eat something very greasy or have high stress, lying down will not stop it. This pain typically lasts until I lie down and slowly returns over an hour or so after getting back to work. I am also tired all the time, but I've had this tiredness problem for years.. The chest pains have been going on for about a year and a half, but the last three months have been brutal. Normal EKG, normal stress test 1yr ago. Any thoughts are appreciated. Also, I am waiting on an appointment from my VA.. 1-2 weeks out hopefully.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Center Chest Pain

Based on what you said causes it like stress and heavy or greasy meals, it seems like something might be going on with your coronary arteries. And the fact that you are tired all the time adds greatly to that suspicion. It could be coronary artery disease or coronary artery spasms. Whichever it is, I would recommend that you work on cleaning up your lifestyle.

If it's caused by diet and stress you could find out quickly by changing your diet and controlling stress:

Avoid processed foods.

Avoid fried foods.

Avoid high-fat (greasy) foods

Avoid alcohol

Avoid smoking

Avoid filling up on animal protein

What to include in your diet: Eat lots of fresh non-starchy vegetables, fresh fruit, berries, one serving per meal of whole grains, legumes, limited amounts of nuts and seeds.

Overall, your diet should consist mostly of vegetables, both cooked and salads. The more the better.

The standard recommendation is 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. That's nothing; I get more than twice that much for breakfast. Of course I have been practicing this diet for a long time. You might want to start slow and work up to it. In any case, you should aim for at least 25 grams of fiber per day from natural whole foods.

The other option is to get treated by a doctor which will likely involve medications and/or operations. And that will not get to the root of the problem, assuming that your problem is caused by lifestyle issues.

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-13-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added thoughts.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
Jason1982 HB User
Re: Center Chest Pain

Hey John, thanks for your reply. I have made small steps of lifestyle changes over the last couple of years when I was first told that my cholesterol was borderline high. I still don't eat as well as I should and I will work on that. I generally only eat turkey or chicken if I eat any type of animal. I've mainly been sticking to soups and such. At night sometimes I will have a low sodium turkey sandwich on wheat or something. Anyways, I'm not overweight, I am 6' 160lbs.. I haven't ate bad in like 7 years. Everyone I hang out with will go out for pizza and I will have a chicken Caesar salad.. I guess that's why I am confused as to what to do. My brother eats every god awful thing you can think of, is an alcoholic, and smokes two packs a day. He's 10 years older than me, and is in supposedly better health.. It's really annoying. I guess I'm curious as to why I can lie on my back and it instantly goes away? I've had the EKG, stress test, and such a year ago and they said everything looked great. Said I had a real strong heart. On the stress test they even pushed me as hard as they could and went longer than they're supposed too till I felt like I was going to pass out. Everything continued to happen and get worse since then. I want to get a CT angiogram regardless, but VA appointments take an eternity.

Reply Reply