It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

• Chest pain during exercise

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
    Bragar
    (male)

Bragar HB User
    Chest pain during exercise

I am experiencing fairly substantial chest pain during the start of exercise or very physical work. The pain is all over my upper torso starting at about mid chest. I'm so uncomfortable that I have to stop or significantly reduce my activity for several minutes. Then as if by magic the pain goes away if I slow my pace.

After the episode passes I feel no pain whatsoever even if I push myself much harder than I was during the initial pain sensation. I have GERD and recently switched my statin to Lipitor from Zocor-don't know if that has affected my body.

Anyone else have similar episodes?

Bragar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
    Willk46
    (male)

Willk46 HB UserWillk46 HB User
    Re: Chest pain during exercise

There is a possibility that you are having angina. Have you had any testing done? Age? Health? I've had similar symptoms for years. I'm 56 and they started when I was 30. Drives me crazy. Had many stress tests including nuclear and echo. Did very well on all of them even though I am not an athlete. I do have a high calcium score. I also have GERD as well as arthritis in my neck. You should probably have it checked out just in case. Please let us know what you find out.

Last edited by Willk46; 01-02-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Chest pain during exercise

I too would be concerned about possible angina, which is serious. It is pain caused by inadequate blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle caused by blockages in the arteries. This should be checked out immediately, as angina usually precedes a heart attack, which causes damage to the heart muscle. If angina is treated, the heart attack can be prevented usually. Tests should be done to see if that is what is going on.

Closed Thread

Tags
    angina, chest pain, gerd, statins