It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

• Reasons for Angina.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
    Reasons for Angina.

Hi, Do you only get angina if your arteries are bad...what i'm trying to ask is...I had an angiogram done and my arteries are lovely and clear....but as I still have awful heart pain and problems I was wondering if you can still have angina if my arteries are clear, or is this the only reason you get angina...i.e. clogged arteries.
    I'm just trying to work out why my heart makes me so ill because no dr seems to know.

The following user gives a hug of support to cazajacks:
    Machaon (01-15-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
    Vyking
    Inactive
    (male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
    Re: Reasons for Angina.

Angina is caused by restricted blood flow to the heart muscle.
    In almost all cases it's fatty deposits on the artery walls - it could also be caused by blood clots but usually a blood clot will cause a heart attack.

Angina can sometimes also be caused by 'Coronary Artery Spasm'.
    The spasm slows or stops blood flow through the artery and starves part of the heart of oxygen-rich blood.

The spasm often occurs in coronary arteries that have not become hardened due to plaque buildup.
    However, it also can occur in arteries with plaque buildup.

These spasms are due to a squeezing of muscles in the artery wall.
    They usually occur in just one area of the artery.
    The coronary artery may appear normal during testing, but it does not function normally.

About 2% of patients with angina (chest pain and pressure) have coronary artery spasm

Old 01-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hello Vyking and thank you for replying.

I am at a loss and so are my dr's as to what is going on, Angina seemed a sensible option to me but my arteries are perfect!
    I have a heart that cannot stop racing, it is slowed down by 7.5mg Bisoprolol and Ramipril..if it plays up I take 10mg Bisoprolol, this is the highest dose allowed. No one knows why my heart is racing? I keep getting the most awful painful ectopic heart beats, they are so painful, and I can get thousands of them in one day..so my hear is missing so many beats my heart rate drops down into the low 40''s and I feel faint and light headed, I get a real bad discomfort in my chest, like its all tight and something heavy is sitting on me, but its not like a bad heart attack pain. I get very breathless.....Cardiologist cannot work out why i'm getting this, we seem to be at a loss, but this is happening near on every day of my life so I am not leading a normal life anymore, at the moment im struggling just walking on the flat.
    I do know I have 4 minor faults with my heart, they are Pulmonary Valve stenosis, MR, Aortic Sclerosis and Hypokenisis of the left ventrical...all of these are mild though so ive been told they will not cause any of my problems. I am just at a loss as to what is going on, im sick of living like this and not knowing how to help myself and stop it, but I did wonder if it was Angina because of the horrid feeling in my chest and the awful shortness of breath I get..??

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: cazajacks
    Machaon (01-15-2014),Vyking (01-16-2014)
    Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
    byoung6
    (female)

byoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB User

Has anybody done a QSART test? maybe your having a autonomic nerve problem, or a central nervous system problem? Just a thought, and there is also vagus nerve problems. If your arteries are all clear and your heart is beating all over the place maybe it's time to try some neuro. tests.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 AM   #5
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

Hi everyone, well here I am weeks on and can barely do anything at all, I have become an unhappy hermit. Everytime I do absolutely anything my heart is racing madly. Up to 170 bpm....wash my hair, dressing, going down stairs, filling the dishwasher, washing machine, just about anything you can think of its making my heart race, even turning over in bed..... i'm absolutely exhausted and don't want to go on like this, its really got me down big time, and no one seems to be doing anything about it.....ive had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment to see my heart dr, and that's an urgent appointment!!! I see her on 28th of this month so still a way to go. Now everytime I eat my heart is going mad as well, even just my cup of tea and biscuits in the morning....I don't know what is going on but this is not a life, I hate this. What seems to be happening is my heart can sometimes race and im breathless and have to sit down, sometimes I just have to drop onto the floor on the spot...but other times, my heart races and I come over feeling very ill....all my limbs go jelly like, and I feel very shaky and I feel I need to go to sleep, the urge to sleep is overwhelming I my eyes shut and I just have to lay down and wait for this to pass but my heart is beating very hard in my chest when this is happening...its awful. I hate it.

Closed Thread