It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

• 27 angina?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
    RightAnswerPlz
    (male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User
    27 angina?

I am 26 almost 27

Overweight (working on it)
    On anxiety med and blood pressure medication.

For 6-8 years I've had on and off chest pain, left arm pain, neck pain, upper back, even pain in both jaw sides.

I've seen 3 cardiologists in the last 4 years. Blood pressure is a little high and also cholesterol is a tad high (again working on it)

They all say my heart checks out (like 6 ekgs, treadmill stress test, ECHOs and all checks out clean) been about 2 years since last echo and almost 3 since that stress test.
    I also have GERD. Take Prilosec.

The last 2-3 weeks tho... On and off I've been having left arm, left beast pain. Throbbing. Stabbing. Aching. On and off. My neck has been hurting on and off too. My upper back, same thing. My jaw both sides on and off.

I know I'm young but this can't be anxiety.

I have another cardiologist appointment this month with a new cardiologist.

Also this happens at rest. Also today while playing basketball tho I had some right jaw pain.
    Dave

Last edited by RightAnswerPlz; 03-02-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: 27 angina?

The key to evaluating this is the timing of the symptoms, associated symptoms, and making sure the most sensitive tests are done. If all the symptoms happen together (chest + arm, jaw, neck) and are brought on by exertion, it is concerning for heart disease. A more sensitive stress test with radioactive isotope should be done to highlight any areas deficient in oxygen. There are many reasons why people get chest pain, and if it is not your heart, the cause should be determined, so you do not continue to suffer from stress and anxiety from the pain, and you what is causing it and how to relieve it.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
    RightAnswerPlz
    (male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
    The key to evaluating this is the timing of the symptoms, associated symptoms, and making sure the most sensitive tests are done. If all the symptoms happen together (chest + arm, jaw, neck) and are brought on by exertion, it is concerning for heart disease. A more sensitive stress test with radioactive isotope should be done to highlight any areas deficient in oxygen. There are many reasons why people get chest pain, and if it is not your heart, the cause should be determined, so you do not continue to suffer from stress and anxiety from the pain, and you what is causing it and how to relieve it.

I can these symptoms mixed and matched all throughout the day.
    Sometimes arm pain and neck and sometimes all pain and very strong anxiety with it.

Happens at rest all the time. Sitting. Driving. Standing.
    Getting bad neck and back pain now and arm pain and also feeling lightheaded.
    Driving at the moment but just pulled over to see a customer. Will be driving out of town all day.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Just to reassure you heart pain is usually brought on by heavy exertion and doesn't usually occur at rest. If pain is in back of neck and upper shoulders, most likely muscle tension from position or stress. Muscle tension can cause jaw pain too up by the TM joint in front of ears. It would be very unusual to have angina at 27, so I think your anxiety may be causing a vicious cycle, if the location of pain matches with the muscular areas I described. Figuring this out really requires some time with history taking, a physical exam of the parts that hurt, and possibly tests. So I would see your regular Dr. first, as seeing a cardiologist is assuming it is your heart, and it probably is not.

Closed Thread