It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board

• Could this be a heart problem?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
    Deloric
    (male)

Deloric HB User
    Could this be a heart problem?

For months now, I've been getting pains... most of them in the upper body. They just kind of... pop in. It doesn't feel like a surface pain... it's like... deeper. It's usually a series of small pangs. I've been waiting for them to go away... and they really scare me since they haven't gone away. Not to mention that now, they're concentrated higher... in my arms, my neck, my lower and upper back, my neck, my chest... Though I have gotten them lower like in my legs and feet.

It's just scary... and because of that, whenever they show up, I get real anxious, so my heart speeds up and I get that tight feeling in my throat... My doctor thinks that it's fibromyalgia.

Now, new symptoms have come up. My left arm has some strange pain in it... it's hard to describe. It's almost like it's tired... and not really burns, but I'd imagine it felt like I pulled it. I've never pulled a muscle... but anyway, it hurts in a way that worries me. No matter how I hold my arm, it just keeps going... when I move it it kinda stops, but then it comes back, especially if I've been leaving it still too long. This started tonight. I see the doctor again tuesday... I only recently started seeking medical attention, and I felt like the fibromyalgia diagnosis was a cop-out. They don't know what causes it, might be able to treat it.

I want to know if I could be having a heart problem, given this information... I'm real finicky, so once I had the idea of this being potentially dangerous, I can't shake it, and when I feel the pains, I get nervous and this feeling that there's something wrong... even though there might not be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
    beamybea
    (female)

beamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB User
    Re: Could this be a heart problem?

So sorry to hear of your pain. You definitely should get another opinion. Fibromyalgia is a legitimate diagnosis, but if you are not convinced, you have the right to ask for a referral for a second( 3rd, 4th...)opinion. Im sure you know that a lot goes into a diagnosis like your general overall health, lifestyle, family history and stuff like that.
    And you deserve to have peace of mind because without it, as you describe, your symptoms and condition can be adversely affected.
    Best wishes and I hope you start feeling better, bea

Closed Thread