It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Underweight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
    emilpradeep
    (male)

emilpradeep HB User
    Unhappy Underweight

Hi,

I am 23 years old and i am having a body mass index of 17.1(UNderweight). I maintain a regular eating habit most of all, i eat almost as same as friends of my age. Most people abuse me or bully me because am so thin. i can't even go out in the public because of feeling awkward.
    I have also other problems like excessive sweating, nervousness, anxiety, irregular heartbeat, sleeping problems, palm and sole sweating.
    These are the problems i face in my daily routine. I am tired of living like this. I have visited many doctors ayurvedic, Allopathy, Homeopathy etc and most of them give medicines for digestion . they don't even consider these problems like sweating, heartbeats etc.

when i sweat, my whole body will be covered in sweat, even my face, palms, feet everything !

I did a lot of research in the internet and found out that i am facing social anxiety syndrome. But i was not like this until the later stages of my teenage, i usually mingled with people before that and i was not so shy as of i am now.
    Please someone help me.

My mother was diagnosed with Heart malfunctioning(Valve leakage), and also thyroid problems.
    Is there any possible way of solving these problem.. am so depressed. these problems are affecting my daily routine.. Please please someone help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
    bayn
    Inactive
    (male)

bayn HB User
    Re: Underweight

- I’ve experienced some of these symptoms myself. They can happen when you feel uncertain in an area of your life, whether its matters involving yourself, your work, or your family life. I have some suggestions that have helped me a lot. There’s a chance that they could help you out too.
    The following suggestions are effective when you are making them a consistent part of your lifestyle over the long-term. It will probably take some time to feel significant improvement, so just give yourself compliments when you take the initiative to act on these changes. Do as much as you feel comfortable with when you start changing something. Taking things at a pace that your comfortable with will help you stay with the changes. Seeing a doctor on a schedule that you both agree upon will still be important to check on your general health.
    - How balanced is your diet? Try to eat as healthy as possible. If you can get a variety of fruits and vegetables on a consistent basis, and less meat(especially less beef), you’ll be happier and healthier over the long term.
    - Find as much time as you can to do things that you genuinely enjoy doing. Whatever you were fascinated with as a child, you’re likely to enjoy some of those things as a young adult. If you stimulate your mind with things you like to do and are passionate about, you’ll feel more confident and comfortable throughout your body.
    - Find ways to enjoy time with your family and friends. Try to think of things that you enjoy in a social setting. It can be as simple as reading or writing in a social or public setting just to be in the presence of others.
    - Try to keep relations with people that are kind and considerate, and will help you grow as a person. Strong and healthy relationships are very beneficial for the mind and body
    - Try to be kind to yourself when you make mistakes, and take the time to compliment yourself whenever you are having negative thoughts about yourself. There is always a way to find positives in situations that seem negative at first. Keep looking for the positive attributes, and your mind will get much better at finding the positive side of almost any situation.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, sweating, underweight