It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Health Anxiety and MS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
    Tati14
    (female)

Tati14 HB User
    Health Anxiety or MS?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and I really need advice about some worries of mine... I've just been through a very stressful period at school and in my personal life because I am hypochondriac, and a few days ago I experienced for the first time an episode of dizziness, the next day the dizziness hadn't gone away so I panicked and searched on the internet, I know, big mistake, and I came across Multiple Sclerosis... since then the dizziness comes and goes, with also some episodes of migraine, and I started feeling strange sensations in my legs, hands and face, like itching and spasm, so I am very worried... Could it be my Hypochondria or Am I really experiencing the first sintoms of MS?

Last edited by Tati14; 12-26-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Health Anxiety and MS

Hello Tati14,

I am sorry you have health anxiety :-(

If the dizziness is happening around the same time frame as your migraines then I suspect the migraines are the underlying cause for the dizziness. Sometimes when anxiety takes hold a person will hyperventilate which will cause physical symptoms.

When you put symptoms into a "symptom checker" and if any symptom might be neurological in nature Multiple Sclerosis will show up. However, this does not mean you have Multiple Sclerosis. Many other conditions, medications and mental health issues can cause the same type of symptoms.

If you are having a problem getting your migraines and dizziness under control then please see your Primary Care Physician for the best advice.

Closed Thread