It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety is ruining my life!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 AM   #1
    fairykisses2016
    (female)

fairykisses2016 HB User
    Anxiety is ruining my life!!

Hello,

I've never posted here before but hoping others that have had similar experiences can offer some advice.

I suffer from GAD, I have been managing it for several years but the past few weeks have been a nightmare. My dad suffers from MS and around a fortnight ago I decided that i had it for no reason whatsoever!! Since then I have been experiencing pins and needles in my feet and hands and sore muscles etc and when I went to visit my doctor he straight away made the connection to my anxiety.

I completely understand why he did this, MS doesn't really work like that, one day i decide that i probably have it then the next day i wake up with all these symptoms. I cry every night when i get home from work and all throughout the day I drive myself crazy thinking about what my life would be like if i were diagnosed with MS. Dad isn't great, I am his sole carer and for a 24 year old it can be difficult to juggle this, work and my own health issues. My relationship is suffering badly too, I don't want to lose him but when i sit on the sofa at night sobbing he feels useless.

I have been on 75mg of Chlorpromazine a day for a few weeks now as before the obsession with MS I was having major panic attacks which actually stopped me from working and the doctor put me on 150mg Trazodone last week to sedate me at night and to fight this depression but really i'm just looking for some reassurance...

I need to know that this is going to get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Anxiety is ruining my life!!

Hello fairykisses,

So much for someone so young to be dealing with.

You can't let your fear of "possibly" getting MS ruin your life. No one, and especially your Dad, wants you to stop living a full and happy life over a fear that may never happen.

I do understand fairykisses. I have MS, I also have a Son and a Daughter. My son who is 26 doesn't worry about getting MS, he simply feels he will deal with it IF it happens. My daughter is 24 and through the years she has had her moments of concerns about getting MS but has never let it interfere with her life.

My children were born after I was diagnosed. I never wanted them to know about MS until I absolutely had to tell them, that happened when they were in Middle School.

Is the Dr. that is treating your GAD a Psychiatrist? You might benefit from seeing a Therapist. A Therapist would help you work through your fears and concerns and help you learn new coping skills.

For many, anxiety is based in thoughts ---- thoughts = fear = anxiety = panic. This process can be stopped before it progresses and a Therapist can help you learn to do it.

Take care.

Closed Thread