It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• What do I have? 10 Years of Anxiety Symptoms, No Worry

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
    ehtaerb
    (male)

ehtaerb HB User
    Question What do I have? 10 Years of Anxiety Symptoms, No Worry

Figured 10 years was enough time to wait...

My main issues are terrible anxiety that is mainly apparent in my chest. It's as if you pictured yourself about to step on stage to speak in front of 10,000 people...but I have it almost all the time. My heartbeat is not fast, but it is "loud" and pounding, as though I can feel the blood pulsing through my veins. As a result of the physical symptoms (the loud heartbeat and butterflies) I have trouble relaxing and sleeping.

Here's the good/odd news:I am not worried about anything. I don't have fears of anything bad happening to me or my family and I have no social anxiety. I am happy (no depression at all) and love my life.

Over the years I've tried Buspar, Lexapro, Prozac, and Effexor--all to no effect. At this point I'm done with prescriptions. I've done therapy off and on but have a difficult time with them because they all want to know what I'm worried about.

I guess step one is helping me diagnose what this might be. Is it still GAD? And step two is where to turn...a specific kind of therapy? Herbal supplements?

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, effexor, gad, ssri, worry