It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Chest pains in women ... general anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
    iona_23
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

iona_23 HB User
    Chest pains in women ... general anxiety?

I haven't been here in a long time but I need some advice with chest pains and general anxiety? I have been in and out of the ER for about 10 years of having shortness of breath, tingling arms, chest pains, crazy thoughts, back pain, and headache. I am tired of living in this constant fear of having a heart attack...for 10 years I've felt like this...on and off. I am having shortness right now and freaking myself out, hence why I am here right now. I was just preparing dinner when all of a sudden a sharp pain on the left side came on. It lasted for a good 10 seconds but now my thoughts are out of wack! I "know" that I am going to be ok because this is how I've felt so many times before yet in my head I think "this might be it." I may actually be having a heart attack. I hate making myself feel like this. So what I usually do to calm myself down is to do reiki, clean, breathe, and keep busy...like what I am doing now. If anyone can just shed some light on how they deal with this chaos that they go through in their head, please share what you do to calm yourself down. I've read online time and time again to calm the heck down but yet in the back of my mind, I just tend to work myself up. I can't even eat dinner when I feel like this because I feel like food brings upon the attack. Don't get me wrong, I am about 50lbs overweight. Yet food tends to give me heart palps and anxiety sometimes. Please help my insanity!!!

Some ailments I have:

Hashimotos thyroiditis since after my 2nd child in 2006
    Anemia since birth
    Psoriasis which is under control
    Acid reflux/Gastritis
    Herniated disks near my neck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread