It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Is it normal?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
    cosmicfirefly
    (female)

cosmicfirefly HB User
    Is it normal?

Is it normal to still feel the symptoms of anxiety even when you are not anxious?

I got an ultrasound for my neck and worrying about my health. I wasn't feeling any of these symptoms leading up to the ultrasound just after. Aside from the fact that I get the occasional heart palpitations and tightening in my chest, stiff muscles, sharp random pains and such and occasional feverish skin. (I don't got anything to test my inner core temp)

I got terrible trembles for two days but those passed.

I had anxiety for years now. And I always worry about the symptoms thinking they are something else.

So can they still happen even when you are not anxious are the current moment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
    BadMalibu
    Veteran
    (male)

BadMalibu HB UserBadMalibu HB UserBadMalibu HB UserBadMalibu HB User
    Re: Is it normal?

Hi Cosmic

You know anxiety can strike anyone at any time for any reason and sometimes, more often than not, alot of us get the physical symptoms from anxiety confused with real physical ailments. The most obvious and notable would be chest pains from stress or anxiety that can make you "think" you're having a heart attack.

Just because you don't actually "feel" anxious in the moment doesn't mean somewhere down in your subconscious your anxiety isn't brewing about something. Then all of a sudden it breaks through causing a lot of distress and physical symptoms which can last minutes, hours days or even weeks. Obviously from what I read it sounds like you're making sure you're physically well, but when your tests come back and there is nothing physical going on, all you're really left with is anxiety manifesting itself physically.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, pains, symptom