It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Wellbutrin and Zoloft for Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
    Anxious Jane
    (female)

Anxious Jane HB User
    Unhappy Wellbutrin and Zoloft for Anxiety

two questions...

Depression led me to the doc to seek help. I started taking Wellbutrin 150xl and it did nothing for me. About a week after I was upped to 300mg for the Wellbutrin I woke up feeling great for a change! Did nothing for the anxiety though. So shrink prescribed Zoloft. Crazy side effects starting out on that... but anxiety and anger seemed to subside nicely! It is starting to wear off though... I'm sure they'll up my dose.

I have ADHD, GAD, Social Anxiety, Depression, PTSD. Also fibromyalgia.

Two questions:

#1: Once the Zoloft levels out, am I supposed to NEVER feel anxious? Usually I can't watch the news. NEVER can watch scary movies. I noticed after a week and half after starting the Zoloft, (25 mg then up to 50mg) I was able to watch a scary movie trailer without my heart pounding out of my chest. So if this Zoloft is supposed to make me feel "normal"... what does the heck does "normal" feel like?

#2: Do the tremors go away!? I can hardly hold yoga poses.

THANKS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
    AnxietyGirl74
    (female)

AnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin and Zoloft for Anxiety

I'm not sure about the shaking. Meds help with our problems, but they are tools used in conjunction with therapy to help us learn to cope with our emotions. They don't take them away. I've been on meds since 2006 and probably will be the rest of my life. I still get anxious sometimes, cry sometimes, and have emotions still. I hope this doesn't come across harsh, I don't mean it that way, I just want to let you know it's normal. However, if anxiety skyrockets to more than what it was before Wellbutrin let your doctor know because Well Turin can cause anxiety as well.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
    Anxious Jane
    (female)

Anxious Jane HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin and Zoloft for Anxiety

So an update... Tremors never stopped. After a month on Zoloft they switched me to Abilify. After 20 days on Abilify, I was also told that I have "medication resistant depression." They switched to Rexulti. Let's see how this goes. Getting frustrated.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, side effects, tremors, wellbutrin, zoloft